•Shooting Practice•

Start from the beginning

It was a purplish pink dress with brown designs. She tied the front up and put on some brown boots. She put her hair up into a ponytail and headed out. She saw a large chest and looked into it. She found a bow and some arrows. She also found a leather and gold arm brace. She looked at it and examined it before putting it on. She didn't need it but it looked cute with her outfit.

She ran towards a hallway until she saw a guard. "Um, can you tell me where the exit of the castle is? I want to go to the back." She said looking to him.

"Two lefts and then a right my princess." He said looking to her.

"Thank you." She smiled as she ran following his directions. Eventually she made it out to the garden. Everything was really pretty. She kept walking until she got to some trees.

She looked at a tree and drew a bullseye on it with a rock. She stepped backward and started shooting. She made it close, if not in the center, almost every time.

As she got ready to shoot another one she heard a arrow go past her and hit the bullseye. She turned around and pointed the arrow only to see Zach. "Oh." She sighed putting her arrow down. "Way to scare me." She took a deep breath.

"I didn't know you shot." He said walking over to her.

"Yeah. I learned a little while ago." She said as she held her bow looking to the tree and shooting it at the bullseye. "How long have you been doing it?" She asked turning to him.

"Since I turned about 11." He answered as he got ready to shoot an arrow.

"How old are you know?" She asked looking to him.

"I'm 17." He answered shooting it and making it right next to Maya's. "And you?"

"I'm 16." Maya said looking to him. "My birthday is actually next month." She said thinking about the days and shooting another arrow hitting above the bullseye a bit. "So why did you come out here?" Maya asked looking at him.

"I'm usually always with the merry men. Not that I don't like them, but they are all a lot older than I am. Or younger." He said with a sigh. "Anyway, you're the first person that's been my age. Or at least close to it." He said with a shrug.

"Are you trying to say you like to hang out with me?" She asked looking to him.

"I'm trying to say that we could potentially be friends." He answered with a smile as Maya nodded.

"Well that potentially sounds like a good plan." Maya answered as she shot her last arrow with a smile. They shot arrows for a while until the sun was about to go down. They talked about weird things like the differences between the Enchanted forest and Storybrooke. Some being plumbing, toothpaste, and phones.

"So I have to go before my mom starts to worry." She said as she walked over to the arrows and started pulling out the ones she brought.

"Dinner is starting soon right? We can walk together." He said looking to her as he started grabbing his arrows.

"Yeah. I have to drop this bow off though." She said looking to it.

"Where did you get it?" He asked looking at her.

"A random chest near my room." She shrugged looking to him as he shook his head with a small chuckle. "What's funny?"