- Good evening - his deep voice greeted me with a smile, and then politely studied me from head to toe. - You look amazing! - he mentioned after a second, making me blush instantly.

  Avi was dressed in a classic blue dress shirt buttoned to the collar, slacks and black shoes, extremely well behaved and chic. The hair was finally free of the classic beanie, and aligned perfectly on top of his head. It was strange to see him like that after living with the daily style he maintained, but – as per usual - he looked incredibly gorgeous. God, how did he do that?

  I was still standing with my mouth ajar, probably with rosey cheeks and my look lost in his, without even trying to hide my surprise at seeing him there.

- Well, thank you but... how... how... why... - I stuttered, blinking several times and throwing my clumsy look all over the place, raising my hands in doubt until he interrupted me.

- Because it is a date, and I came to pick you up - he said elegantly, extending his palm to me and finding mine, lifting it up and depositing a gentlemanly kiss on the top of it. I blushed even more. - And I brought you... - it was only then that I noticed that his right arm was hidden behind his body, and now emerged slowly in front of me, carrying a small basket of sweet stuff that mimicked sprouting roses.

 - A bunch of chocolate? - I chuckled, taking the gift in my hands, placing it near to my body, studying everything briefly and then lifting my gaze to my smiling husband in front of me.

- To the lady who does not like flowers - he said laughing back, and I agreed. He certainly knew me.

- Wow, what a gentleman! - I flirted, inspecting the chocolates again. - Well, come on! I'm almost ready, I'll just get my bag - I regressed a step, leaning my back to the door and opening space for Avi to enter. He in turn, leaned, ironically studying the apartment and we both laughed.

- May I? - he asked me between smiles, and I rolled my eyes.

- Of course! - I gestured for him to enter as I left the entrance and walked up to the room, leaving my chocolates on the balcony. - Just don’t tell my husband! - I joked, turning to face him before entering the room.

- Wait, are you married? - his eyes widened in jest, raising his hands in the air in surrender.

- Shhhh... - I put my index finger over my mouth, signaling for him not to spread the news to anyone, and we both laughed.

  Among our laughter, I felt Avi’s smile fade and his gaze focused on something in my hand. Abandoning my laughter slowly, I followed his eyes to the bracelet I had on my wrist, running my fingers over it, and then looking up at him.

- Wait... - he said quietly, as he walked out the door and came to me. For some reason my heart was beating faster, nervous, afraid of what he would say. He approached slowly, and before touching my wrist, asked permission with his eyes. I extended my hand to him and he held it gently, stroking my fingers and then reaching to my bracelet. - This bracelet was... my gift to you in our first year of marriage. - he whispered softly, yet with his head lowed to inspect it in wonder.

   I kept my eyes glued to Avi, who hadn’t yet  looked away from the bracelet. His vibrant green irises were shining, full of feeling and affection, which moved me. His head then stood up and his gorgeous and rapt look met mine, sighing, and showing immense longing. After a few seconds staring at me, Avi took one hand from my wrist and brought up to my hair, drawing the features of my face with his eyes, and subtly brushing my loose bangs, sliding his fingers up to my face with affection. The gesture made me giggle involuntarily and I closed my eyes, inhaling the pleasant air that flowed from his cologne.