I stared up at Christian as we walked, the truth settling next to my heart like no other truth spoken about my future. Michael hadn't ever put it like that, maybe because he wasn't as old as Christian was. I cautiously wrapped an arm around his waist in a brief hug before saying, "And what about you? You've lived a very long time. Where are your friends?"

"I have lived a very long time. Which means finding friend's in vampires was difficult because they only liked me for my age. So along the way I have made no friends."

"And lovers?"

He sent me a small smile. "No lovers. I've had lovers don't get me wrong. But no one worth keeping. I made a mistake with Florence, I don't plan on making a mistake again."

By my car, I replied with, "But not all women are like Florence you know that."

"I'm aware. I just haven't found anyone worth keeping." He shrugged.

"Huh. Maybe you should be the one to be set up." 

"You do that and I get you back, Evangeline." 

I sent him a promising wink before taking the wheel of my car. Obviously he must have ran here, although I bet that would have been funny to explain to any bystanders walking past after he popped out from nowhere.

Every few minutes on the drive home, it kept hitting me that I had my first exam tomorrow. I had the schedule stuck to the mirror on the dresser in the bedroom. I had one exam tomorrow at my usual campus, another two in the Surrey campus on Wednesday and my last one, which is on Thursday, back at the Burnaby Campus. I felt ready, I felt completely prepared. 

Despite all this running around and all this vampire crap, I was prepared for my final exams.

As we parked up, from the open window, I could hear the laughter radiating from the living room above. I frowned slightly. They couldn't possibly be getting on that well with her?

I didn't know what to expect when we started up the steps inside the house. I knew one thing; she was going to be crazy gorgeous. over eight hundred years old? She must be absolutely...

As soon as I stepped into the living room my eyes were drawn to the beauty sitting on the couch beside Pamela.

Stunning.

Christian placed his hands on my shoulders with a light chuckle. "Human's react differently to her."

He could say that again.

It should be illegal. It wasn't fair.

Her gaze landed on me and a smile exactly like Christian's spread across her impossibly perfect and impossibly full lips. "This must be Evie."

Holy hell. Even her voice... "Ah, uh-"

Michael peeked around the corner with a smirk; his gaze landing on Christian before me. "You okay, Evie?"

The Adriana Lima look-a-like stood up and approached me. Her grey eyes sparkled with intrigue especially at the way her brothers hands were patting my shoulders. I always found it odd seeing a vampire with tanned skin. It just contradicted everything there was about vampires and the sun. Her long dark hair was swept behind her perfect ears.

Why would I notice her ears you may think? Because they were perfect as well that's why!

"Evie," She drawled with her sweet British accent. She stood at least a good five inches above me. Model height. Even her eyebrow game was strong. "I'd like to speak with you alone."

Michael's smirk wiped from his face as he entered the room; even Callum, Pamela and Nick seemed slightly tense.

But Christian, still stood behind me, squeezed my shoulders and chuckled.