Chapter Three: You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

"Woooooooooooh!" I exclaimed as we sped down the road. John was still holding onto the "jesus christ bar" with white knuckles. "Do you always drive like this?" John asked me, his nervousness showing even more through his voice. "I don't really drive much, but a car like this was meant to be really driven." I slowed down to a red light. John let out a sigh of relief when we pulled up to Tony Luke's. Yeah, I'm the one that's afraid. Sure.  "Hey! Mikey! I need two cheesesteaks, wit' cheese wiz, no onions." I ordered. "The usual." the guy behind the counter, Mikey, laughed. I smiled and nodded as I handed him the money for the cheesesteak and a little tip. "Did you just say... wit?" John asked. I nodded. "Yeah, it's a Philly thing." We got our cheesesteaks and sat down at one of the tables. "Okay." I said seriously. "Be prepared for the most amazingly wonderus thing you'll ever eat." I handed him a sandwich. John took a bite and his eyes practically bugged out. "You okay?" I asked. "This is the most amazing thing I've ever eaten!" John exclaimed with a mouth full of meat, cheese wiz and bread. I smiled and said "Didn't I tell ya? When it comes to food, I'll never steer ya wrong." I said before biting into my sandwich. We finished our eating and John gave me a twenty dollar bill. "What's this for?" I asked as I examined the money. "Dinner." John replied happily. I handed him the money and said "It's cool. This one's on me. You buy the next time. Okay?" I said with a wink. John chuckled and put the money back in his pocket. We hung out at Tony Luke's until I said "Wait! What time is it?!" John looked down at his watch and said that it was 2:30am. "Shit! I've got to get home!" I exclaimed as I stood up to go call Joey. "I'll take you home. But, I'm driving." John laughed. I smiled and called Joey from a pay phone to tell him I had a ride. We talked the whole ride home. I wrote on a peice of paper and handed it to him. "What's this?" John asked before opening the paper. "My number. Call me." I said seductively. He nodded and blew me a kiss as I got out of the car. That was the greatest night of my life.

"Good Day Sunshine" blared from my clock radio. "Damn it." I muttered frustrated that I was so rudely ripped away from my dreams of John. He really got to me. My mother always said that love is like a switch that only certain people turn on. You can't choose who turns it on or when. I'm pretty sure John had flicked that switch. At least I think he did. I ran out from my closet over to my phone and turned the radio down. "Hello?" I asked trying to sound as perky as possible. "Hello, is Anna there?" A familiar british voice asked. "This is she. Is this John?" I asked trying to hide the joy that was exploding inside of me. "Yes. Yes it's John. Well, I was just wondering if maybe you would like to go out with me tonight. If you don't have any plans, that is." He asked sounding a bit nervous. "I'd love to go out with you tonight. Pick me up at 7:00?" I asked. "Sure, I'll see you then, love." I hung up the phone, I giggled and danced around my room. "Yes! He called! I've got a date with a hot British guy! Woohoo!" I squealed. Someone knocked on my bedroom door. "Who is it?" I asked happily. "Donna, duh!" she said as she opened my bedroom door to find me dancing around my room in my underwear with hair fit for a family of birds. "Hi, there, Donna baby!" I said cheefully as I threw myself into my bed. "Well what did you smoke this morning?" Donna joked, I giggled and I twirled my hair. "I've got a hot date with a british guy tonight!" I exclaimed excitedly. I couldn't contain myself. "Details!" Donna exclaimed as she tossed her purse on the floor sat next on my bed. I told her everything that had happened with John and she said "Oh my god! That is so sweet! It's like a movie! Only you should've been more of a lady! Girls don't fawn over cars the way guys fawn over me. We women are much more evolved than that!" Donna scolded. I ignored her judgemental comments and got dressed. "I'm going down to the park to take some photos. You wanna come?" I asked as I strapped on my shoes. "Well, I suppose I could. But if any creepy guys hit on me I'm using you as a shield!" Donna said as I picked up my camera and left my room. 

I think I got some great shots at the park, then Donna and I met Joey down at a small, cheap, restaurant that all the teenagers hung out at. Mainly because it was the only place we could afford. I got a burger and Donna shared one with Joey. Well, at least she tried to get a few bites of his burger. "So, Anna. What's this I hear about a british guy?" Joey asked sounding a bit like my brother. "Donna! Do you just go around telling everyone my personal stuff?" she's so gossipy. She shrugged her shoulders and said "Pretty much." I used to get absolutely livid but I suppose I'm getting used to it. "Well, tell me about him." Joey said before shoving the last bit of the burger into his mouth. "I don't have to. As soon as I leave Donna will tell you!" I looked at her as with an expression of petulance. I stood up and went to the restroom. Donna immediately began telling Joey all about John. I sighed and washed my hands, fixed my hair, my make up and eventually went back out to the table. "Done telling every little detail of my life to the only person that didn't know?" I said with my usual attitude. (Which is misconstrude as bitchy a lot of times, oops) Donna gave me a dirty look. "Well, I don't know if I like the sound of this guy." Joey said, protectively. "Oh, I'm sorry, daddy. I'll be sure to have you inspect the next one personally." I said sarcastically. I checked the time, 5:30. "I've got to go, guys. I'll see you later." I walked out of the restaurant. When I got home I jumped in the shower and blow dried my hair. I did a Farrah style flip, I'm not even going to pretend that Farrah Fawcett isn't a total goddess. I put on a pink halter top and high-waisted bell bottom jeans. I smeared on a sparkly blue eyeshadow, mascara and a little bit of eyeliner. I looked myself over and smiled. "Well damn, I actually look good!" I laughed. I listened to some music in my room until John arrived. I told my mom I was going out with a bunch of friends and I'd be home before 11:00pm. 

John and I sat in the car silently. "You look absolutely stunning." John said softly. I could feel my cheeks turn bright red. I looked down at my feet and thanked him. "Would you mind if I put some music on?" I asked, after 5 more awkward minutes of silence. "Oh! Sure!" John said, turning on the radio. "I love this song!" I exclaimed as I began singing along to "Communication Breakdown". John and I sang along to every song that came on the radio. "Say, where are we goin' anyways?" I asked him. "You'll see."  John said with a grin. I said to him "Wait. Are you one of those creeps that's gonna take me to a back alley and kill me?" I asked somewhat jokingly. John laughed. "Well now, if I was a creep that wants to kill you in an alley, I most certainly wouldn't tell you that. Now would I?" he joked. I laughed as we pulled into a parking space. I gasped. We were at a rock club "I can't go in there." I told him, disapointment drowning my words. "Ah, but I can." I looked up at him, my eyes filled with anger. "What? Are you just going to leave me in the car?" I said, my voice on the verge of yelling. John shook his head and got out of the car. I got out too. He took my hand and walked me up to the back door of the bar. "Yo! Johnny!" the security guard said as we approached him. "Good to see you, Bill. Would you mind lettin' me and my lovely lady inside to see the band?" John asked politely. The security guard nodded and personally walked us to meet the band. My jaw fell to the floor. "The Rolling Stones?!?!" I couldn't believe what was happening. John chuckled as he went over to introduce us to the band. "Hey! Johnny!" Mick Jagger yelled. "Y-y-you know him?" I said. "Of course! We were good mates back in England. We used to play some music together. Keith and Johnny used to jam all the time." Mick explained. "Holy shit." I muttered. Mick and John laughed as we all sat down and chatted. "So, Johnny. Who's this lovely young thing you've brought?" Mick asked as he looked me up and down. "This is Anna. She's just gorgeous, isn't she?" John said as he pulled me towards him. Mick sensed John was getting jealous and backed off. "So, Anna. What kind of music do you like?" Keith Richards asked me. "Well, I love all kinds of music but rock 'n' roll is my favorite. You guys are my favorite band." I replied nervously. My voice even cracked a little. "Well, that means a lot!" Keith said with a smile. "We're going to go back to the hotel, if you two would like to join us." Mick said kindly. "Well, we've actually got plans but, we'll catch you again soon." John said as he stood up. I didn't want to leave, I was hanging out with The Rolling Stones! "Wait! Before we go, would you guys mind a few pictures? I'm a photographer. I haven't got my camera now but if you guys have any time tomorrow, I would be so honored!" I said really quickly. The band laughed and agreed. "Say about one o'clock tomorrow afternoon at the art museum? I wanna go to the art museum." Keith suggested, I nodded and thanked them for their time. "That was amazing! I can't believe you're friends with Mick Jagger!" I yelled as we got to the car. I planted a big kiss right on John's lips. He put his arms around me  and kissed me back. I slid my hands to down to his neck as he began to pull away. "Wow." I sighed. That was the most amazing kiss I've ever had. "You're a great kisser." I told him. John chuckled and told me I was too. We got into his car and drove off. He slowly reached over for my hand and as his fingertips brushed the top of my hand, he looked at me. His eyes seemed to say "May I?" I smiled and held his hand.