Beaux-tiful Drumline

Band was here. Fourth period. The whole day was amazing. I met Tyagi's friend during second and he is a blast! Tyagi is going to pick me up this weekend to take me to the mall with him and Gill.

I walked in and I guess I was a little early. The band director was sitting in her office and when she spotted me she waved me in.

"Hello Annabelle. The guys are in the drum closet. Just go in and Tyagi will set you up."

"Thank you" I said walking out. The drum closet had to be the big brown door with rudements painted on it.

I opened the door to a huge closet. the silver walls had egg carton mufflers on it so the noise would not reverb to much, the floor had rubber tile on it, and the shelves had all sorts of drum stuff.

Tyagi waved and so did Gill. Awe, I have friends!

"Hey, go pick out some parts. We are going to build your drum and carrier from scratch."

"Okie dokie." I bounded over to where Tyagi pointed on the wooden shelf on the left wall. There were filing cabinets all over the place. They were labled shoulder, rim, sticks, shell, key, and tons more. My main problem was choosing. I got all the parts for the carrier. they were silver. I got the silver rim and bolts for my snare. Black Remo head, of course. Then I got a blue shell that faded to black. My sticks were Innovative percussion T-19 with white electrical tape. My drum key was a pretty blue with a glossy finish.

I bounded up to Tyagi and Gill with my arms full. The helped me set it all down on the table in the closet and I noticed that there were tons of other drum parts on the table as well.

We all sat down and got to work. Tyagi introduced me to the other members as well. Beaux (Bo) was from Louisiana. He played third bass. A boy named Allen played second. And the youngest, Josh, played first. They were so sweet. Except for Beaux. He was very unwelcoming. Tyagi whispered in my ear while he was assembling his tennors that Beaux doesn't like it when girls are better at things than he is. Then he gave me a smile and told ne not to worry about it.

So I didn't. I trusted Tyagi and I think he trusted me.

When we finished our beautiful drums we all sat them on their stands and tuned them. I just could not get my drum key to budge the bolts. I think Tyagi saw me struggling and he came over and stood beside me and grabbed over my hand and together we moved the drum bolt. He took my stick and tapped on the drum. Together we skillfully tuned mine, and his, drums. He has 4 more drums than I do so his took way longer. Beaux helped the younger kids tune their drums and in no time everyone's drum was tuned and ready to fit to the carrier.

I put my carrier on and I Tyagi came over to help adjust me. He grabbed the shoulders and lifted and pushed until I had a perfect fit. Tyagi asked me to help him fit his, but Beaux mumbled that I would not be able to turn the key so he did it himself. I kicked myself. I really wish I could have helped touch, I mean, adjust Tyagi...

Maybe tonight.