Morale

Tom walked away,he was sure he had heard Tord say something as he left but he didn't want to go back in. He searched the base for something to do, he didn't know most of the soldiers and he didn't really want to talk with them. He made his way to the canteen and got in line, he grabbed a few odd bods, a sandwich etc.

He sat at a table and went to eat his sandwich when a girl sat in front of him smiling. Tom eyed her suspiciously he narrowed his eyes giving her a grumpy look. The two seemed to be contrasted a happy, flamboyant girl and a grumpy, spiky, boy. "Hey there". Tom just stared at her grumpily "Not much of a talker? Okay then". "Why aren't you in uniform?" Tom put his sandwich down, she was wearing a teal hoodie, much more colourful then the dark red and navy's worn by other soldiers. "Just my job, tell good ol' Red Leader I stopped by" The girl left leaving Tom confused. He shrugged it off.

He decided to take his food on the go after that,he seemed cheery around his leader but every second he spent smiling he felt he was drifting away from himself. Tom walked to his room, or cell as he saw it currently. It repeated itself, lock the door, flop on the bed and hope for something better. He rubbed his eyes thinking, he had a splendid idea.

He grabbed a phone Tord had given him for work purposes, he thought he could at least try to remember Matt or Edd's number. To him it was worth a try at least... He typed in Matt's as he could remember more numbers in it than in Edds. 

'Hello'

He waited a good ten minutes, he groaned loudly throwing the phone across the room, of course he got it wrong what the hell was he thinking. He got up and left the room again, he walked to the front doors. Of course the secretary was there. Jaime looked bored but perked up seeing the depressed looking man. "Hey Tomas" he chirped, "Hi Jaime, mind if I pop out for a bit?". "Sure but don't be too long". Tom nodded and headed out.

It was dark now, he walked the silent streets still in the dark hoodie. He stopped at a small corner store, he walked in and went straight up to the counter. Smirnoff in the 18+ area behind the counter, score. A man at the till cleared his throat, "Oh uh can I have a Smirnoff?". The man took a cigarette out of his mouth "You 18? Never mind I don't care just give me £3.50", Tom handed him the money and was given the alcohol in return. "Now piss off man"The rude cashier put the cigarette back in his mouth.

Tom scowled and happily showed the man his middle fingers as he left. Tom heard the commotion of a chair being thrown backwards and quick footsteps coming from the shop, the angry stoner ran at him. Tom feeling cocky ran off laughing. The skinny man was significantly faster than the shop keep and the man gave up. Tom grinned happily for the first time in a while. The adrenaline rush was just what he needed to pick his spirits up for now and the alcohol served as a reminder of who he truly was.

He sat in the park for a bit, the park held old memories for the four. An old oak sat by a lake, Tom sighed Edd and Tord climbed that tree years ago, Edd the clumsy fellow he was fell Tord caught him though but ended up falling out too, the irony Tord was the one left injured, even more irony he broke his right arm. Tom stood up and walked off in the base's direction, that was enough freedom for today.

Tom started to feel light headed as he got to base,he ignored Jaime's greeting trodding off to his room, he put the bottle with the burnt photo. Tom changed back to his uniform, he would have slept but he was still full with adrenaline. He walked back to the secretary who was talking with another guy, he lent on the counter his eyelids starting to feel heavy. "Hey how long was I gone for?" "Only 45 minutes, don't worry... you alright you look pale?". Jaime and the other male stared at Tom.