Half Loved ~ Chap 6: Another Contact

Start from the beginning

Ohhhhh... who knew Liam went here as well. Oh well, now I know someone other than Cam and Rose! Hooray for me! So basically that’s three people on my contact list. Gosh I’m such a loser.

“Well, I just transferred so that practically makes me a freshie right?”

“Uhuh.” He said with a raised brow. “C’mon, I’m gonna abduct you.”

“No thanks, I’m not really the type to get in trouble.”

“Really now?” he said as he studied me. Judging from his heavy sigh, I could tell I convinced him. “Ugh, your no fun.” He rolled his eyes. “But something tells me I’m gonna have fun with you.” He winked.

“I doubt that.”

“We’ll see.”

~Cam’s POV~

Huh, who knew Carter was an early riser? Oh well, at least I got the whole bed to myself. I stretched on the silken mattress when I noticed the alarm clock buzzing. What the heck?!? 7:49? I only have eleven minutes t get prepared!

I rushed to the bathroom and took a quick shower, putting on the first thing I saw. I then rushed down the stairs to Rose I think? I can’t remember, it was Carter who always talked to her. After getting my schedule, I rushed towards my first class, Music.

Oh great. The music room was actually located at Julienne Bourbon’s Academy which was about a block from the quad, which was another block from my dorm. Oh gee, great... the wonders of having a sister school. I ran like crazy, avoiding the few people who were late already. After about a few more turns and asking several people along the way, I finally found the music room.

I stood outside the door and found out almost everyone had settled in already. Damn, the teacher’s already passing out booklets. I was about to turn the knob when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

“You following me or something?” A familiar voice asked.

“What—Ashley?” I said as I found myself face to face with beauty incarnate.

“Is there something on my face?” she said, jokingly as she laughed a light cheery laugh.

“Nah, I’m just admiring you.” Damn, I just said that out loud didn’t I?

“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes. “Whether you’re stalking me or not, I better get to class. I assume you have Music at 8 too?”

“Yeah, I do.”

“Great.” She said in a mocking tone.

“What? You seem disappointed. I think we’re gonna have a great time, classmate.” I winked as I stepped inside with her.

“Ah, you must be Mr. Deverough and Ms. Pierson. I’m gonna be lenient today since it’s our first meeting, but tomorrow, you wouldn’t be as lucky.”

“Sorry sir.” She said with a winning smile.

“Take the vacant seats. Seeing as everyone else is already partnered, you have no one else but each other. Take a booklet.”

After about thirty minutes of discussing music’s evolution through the ages, I found myself looking over to Ashley’s notes... or was it?

“What’s that?” I whispered over my shoulder.

She quickly looked up and defensively covered whatever it was she was writing down. “Nothing.”

“Ohh, are you plotting a plan to destroy the world?” I teased as I poked her arm.