Half Loved ~ Chap 6: Another Contact

Start from the beginning

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I made my way past a few guys who were rushing on their way from the quad. Apparently, with my lack of sleep and books and the heavy books, I bumped with the last guy and stumbled down with my books.

“Hey, watch it!” the guy said as he ran away.

“No, you watch it four eyes!” I retorted much to my surprise. The guy with glassed got stung from my lame insult but for some reason, he just kept running away. I was surprised I lost my control with that creepy glasses-clad kid. As a girl, I would’ve tackled the situation with grace and diplomacy, but now? Oh boy, I lost my temper way too quickly.

I was picking up my books when my phone suddenly rang. I looked and found out that the number wasn’t familiar. Then again, I bet every number is unfamiliar as I deleted every single contact from my old life. Basically the only numbers I had were Cam’s, Rose’s (which I got this morning when I picked up my books), and then nothing else. Whoa. I so lacked the social skills as a guy!

“Hello?” I said as I stumbled with some books. “Who’s this? And how’d you get my number?”

“Ouch.” A familiar voice said. “It hurts my puny heart that you didn’t save my number.”

“Huh?” I said, still unaware of whom this person is.

“You’re not stalking four eyes too. Are you?” the familiar voice asked.

“Liam?” I asked disbelievingly as I looked around for any sign of him.

“Whoa cowboy, gonna stalk me too?” he said as he laughed a musky sort of laugh.

“Shut up. Where are you?”

“So you are stalking me.” He said, pleased with himself.

“I’m pretty sure our roles are reversed Mister.” I said. “I don’t know where you are while you’re watching me. Now that’s just the thing a first class stalker would do.”

“Fine cowboy, what are you know? A detective?” he laughed that musky laugh again.

“Neither, but I’m about to hang up.”

“Fine fine.”

“Where are you? Stalker?” I said as I grinned at my threat. Well it was lame but at least he bought it.

“Just like when I first saw you.”

I then looked up the second floor of the building behind me. Yup, there he was, watching me yet again as I was caught up in another one of my never ending series of embarrassing moments.

“Miss me?” he winked as he headed for the stairs. I just stood there, waiting with the books in my hands as he came to halt in front of me.

“Hey! What was that for?” he asked as he rubbed his arm. Yup, I smacked him with my books.

“You just stood there when you could’ve helped me with my books.”

“Fine.” He said as he reached forward and toppled over my books.

“What was that for?” I asked incredulously.

“What? You told me I didn’t help you, so now I am.” He said as he handed me the books he just picked up from the floor.

“Whatever, your demented you know that?” I said as I headed for the quad.

“Where are you going?”

“To the assembly, duh? Wait, what are you even doing here? Besides stalking me of course.”

“Well, I’ve been a student here for as long as I can remember.” He said as he made overly done gestures of thinking. “And no one goes to the assembly’s. Only freshmen do that, duh.” He said, mimicking my voice.