~Chapter III~

Kings Landing, 280 AC

Sitting in front of me was my father. He hadn't changed much since I last saw him, except for the fact there were a few more white hairs and a few wrinkles, making him look older.

"Welcome to King's Landing, daughter. Have a seat."
So i obeyed and sat opposite him. I then turned to look at my triplets. Like me they had golden hair, gold skin and emerald eyes. They both met my eye with a slight smile.
"So sweet sister, what is Dorne like?" Cersei queried with a tilted head.
"Yes, do tell Aria. I am curious what was it like." Declared Jaime.
I sighed and told them.
" Princess Loreza is nothing but kind, you know she was mother's dearest friend of course. So she told me many stories of their time serving Queen Rhaella. And Dorne itself is beautiful and hot. "

My father raised an eyebrow and said:
"Well it seems like you have settled in perfectly and Dorne suits you very well. However I am unsure if that is a good thing."

I frowned, "What does that mean?"
Cersei laughed at that and replied:
"You are more like a Martell than you are like a Lannister. Look at the way you dress, listen to the way you speak and don't forget the way you act. You have become a dornish woman instead of a lady of the Rock."

"I have become what my mother wished I would become. She wanted me to go to Dorne and learn from the dornish people. In fact many people say I remind them of her. So why on earth is that a bad thing."

Jaime broke the tension by asking if I have learnt to use any weapons. I smiled gratefully at him and told them about the fact that i am mediocre at archery but have mastered the use of daggers and knives at both close and long range. Cersei asked about my understanding of poisons. I explained that I was well educated in the effects and antidotes of hundreds of venoms and poisons.

After that conversation flowed easily. We talked about Casterly Rock, lannisport and our other Lannister cousins. Father informed us that he is searching for suitable marriages for all three of us. We enjoyed the delicious delicacies made by the castle chefs.

That night I slept well in my grand bed. I felt a happiness that only comes with acceptance. I thought about what tomorrow will bring as there will be a feast in Elia's honour. I was shocked when Oberyn asked to escort me to the feast but I accepted of course.