This Is Your House?

Chapter 4:

Elliot's POV

Sauntering my way out of the classroom, I chuckled at the thought of her face when I left. Come to think about it, I'm actually kind of nervous for her to come over. Gosh, I'm turning soft. I don't get nervous, therfore, I am not nervous. I refuse to be.

I abruptly stopped, realizing Izzie didn't know where she was going. Also, realizing I didn't even know where her house was. So, turning back around, I found her looking around lost, holding a piece of paper in her hands. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and turned her into a different direction. People in the hallway gave me confused/envious looks. Some from guys and some from girls, which only made me pull her closer.

"I forgot you didn't know where you were going." I said.

"Thanks." She whispered, keeping her head down.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, leave it." Izzie stated sternly.

I just nodded and kept walking down the hall. I remembered where her locker was, so I went in that direction. The hallways were clearing up, meaning that we should probably hurry to get to class. Reaching her locker she unlocked it, shoving her books in. I watched as she grabbed another blank notebook that was blue and shut the locker quietly. My hand shot out and grabbed the notebook. She looked at me confused, which I ignored. I'm just being a gentleman. Remembering that we had the same schedule meant that we were going to the same place.

"Hey, I think you'll like the History teacher, he's pretty cool." I spoke.

"I hope so because that's my favorite subject."

"It's mine too." I said smiling.

She smiled and continued walking with me, but I couldn't help but notice that she was slightly limping and leaning into me.

"Why are you limping, if you don't mind me asking?" Suddenly wishing I didn't ask that.

"I-I I twisted my ankle." She stuttered.

"Don't lie.." I whispered, and stopped walking.

"I-I'm not."

I sighed and re-wrapped my arm around her shoulder, wishing she would open up to me. But, we've only known each other for a day, so how do I expect her to open up? I can't, not at least for a couple of months.

"Let's get to class before we're late." I said, changing the supject.

She nodded and kept walking, following me while we made a series of lefts and rights. We had pretty big school for a small town. But, the only reason why we had to walk so far was because the History wing was all the way on the other side of school.

I smirked knowing that we would have to sit next to eachother for the rest of the year because we were late and there wouldn't be anywhere to sit. Once we came to the classroom I opened the door for her to go in first. Immediately all eyes were on us. Izzie put her head down and quickly made her way to the back empty desk. I glared at all the girls that looked jealous and made my way back there. Today is going to be a long day.

~3 hours later~

*BRINGGG* The bell signals that it is finally the end of the school day. Thank goodness today was a Thursday. I picked up my stuff and rushed my way out of the class, ignoring all the confused stares. I frantically searched the hallway for Izzie, I had forgotten to ask where she lived. I found her and instantly made my way towards her. Once I got to her I grabbed her arm, which made her flinch and turn around. Dropping my hand from her arm I gently pushed her towards her locker.