chapter five

chapter five

(olive's point of view)

I ran my finger along the beautifully glazed mug, a sigh escaping my lips. It was warm against my finger tip, the Russian tea my grandmother made smelled of sweet cinnamon and tang, making me nostalgic. The café I was in was buzzing with activity, a random boy in a makeshift stage strumming at his guitar and singing a long-forgotten love song.

I had been here for over an hour, asking for hot water so I could fill it with the tea I stored in packets in my bag. They didn't seem upset about it, since I tipped pretty well.

I thought about Shawn, and how I freaked out on him. He didn't deserve it, I know that. If he only know the whole story, all of what happened..

I shake the thought and send him a text, asking him to come over tomorrow. I needed to talk to him.

"You okay there?" A girl, the waitress asked. I snapped out of whatever daze I was in, blinking my eyes at her.

"Oh.. Yeah. Thanks." I said awkwardly, taking a sip of my tea.

She nodded and walked away, probably thinking I am weird or something.

After another twenty minutes, I get up to leave, leaving two ten dollar bills on the table.

Ann loved it here. She used to come right after school and sit here for hours, drinking coffee, because she hated tea. Ever since I can remember she was drinking coffee. Maybe that's why she was only 5'5.

"Hey," Someone tapped my shoulder, and I turned my head, my hands on the door to outside. It was the boy who was singing the corny love song earlier. Up close, I could see he was about eighteen, with a hint of a beard along his jaw. He was cute, but I wasn't attracted to him.

"Hi," I replied.

"I'm Chad," He extended his hand, a smirk on his face. I knew what he wanted.

"Do you wanna come back to my place?" I asked, opening the door wider. He chuckled, walking through it.

(i know olive is only 15, but this is showing a little bit about her, and her transformation after Ann's death. I know this is short, but the next chapter will be longer!)