Jake and I are late. “Jake we gotta go we are late.” I say moving out of the room. Titus follows me along with Zane and Jake. “Zane enrolled in your school with permission from your father to be your personal guard since Jake kind of has other things to worry about.” Titus says smiling at me. “And Raelynn enrolled too.” Jake says as she comes up to me. A tall probably 5’11” bark brown hair and chocolate eyes. “You can call me Rae, Luna.” She says bowing her head. “You are my beta’s mate no need for formalities.” I say and Titus wraps his arms around me. I turn around and kiss his cheek. “We gotta go we are gonna be late.” He kisses my forehead and lets me go.

I grab my bag and my varsity jacket, and then head out to my black 2013 mustang GT. Zane climbed into my passenger seat. “Nice car.” I laugh “thanks I got it for my birthday last year.” I say slightly blushing. He nods and laughs. “So are you playing any sports this year?” I ask trying to start a conversation. I mean if he is going to guard me I should get to know him right? “Uh no I was wrestling this year but I’m not playing lacrosse.” I nod. “So we will crème you guys this year.” I say jokingly. He laughs. “As if. You know Titus’ pride couldn’t take that even from his mate. Hell he might even tackle his own players to make sure you were safe.” He says completely serious. I laugh. “You’re probably right. Or at least tell the wolves to stay away.” I say pulling into the senior lot. “Where are you lacrosse stuff?” he asks climbing out of the car. “In the trunk.” I say pulling my backpack on. “Do you want to bring it in?” he asked meeting me at the back of the car. “Uh no. I’ll grab it after school to change into it.” I say walking away and locking my car.

Jake and Rae pull in next to us. Zane stays next to me the whole time. Callie comes running from her car and practically tackles me. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHANDLER!” she says strangling me. “Oh is this hunk your mate?” she asks eyeing Zane. “If he was I would have ripped your head off for looking at him like that.” I say dead serious. She looks at me and lowers her eyes. “He reeks of midnight rider.” She whispers. “Yes, he is my new guard since Jake found his mate.” She crosses her eyebrows. “But why is he midnight rider?” she asks trying to wedge herself between us. “Uh well Zane is the beta and my mate is his alpha so he was assigned to Me.” she nods and smiles. “Callie O’Donalad.” she says extending her hand. “Zane Reeves.” He says shaking her hand. “Well Callie I’ll see you in art we have to get Zane’s schedule.” I say walking past her. She laughs. “Alright see ya later.” She yells behind us.

Zane and I enter the main office and everyone becomes tense. “Good morning Ms. James and happy birthday.” “Thank you Mrs. Stone. Uh can we get Zane’s schedule please?” I ask stepping up to the counter. “Oh yes, your father called in requesting he had all of the same classes as you.” of course. “Here you go Mr. Reeves. I’m sure Ms. James could show you around seeing as you have every class together.” He nods and takes the schedule.

Our first three hours fly by. Zane and I get a few strange looks. I think they think that he is my mate. Its lunch time and Zane made friends with some of the human wrestlers and lacrosse players. Jake, Rae, Callie, Jack, and I are all sitting down when Zane walks in with his lunch. He looks over to the humans across the room that are waving him down but walks over to us. Jack immediately tenses. “He is a friend jack.” Callie says calming her mate. I nod and he relaxes. “Okay Zane, you already know Jake and Rae and Callie, but this is Jack a warrior’s son. Also he’s Callie's mate.” He nods. “Nice to meet you I’m Zane Titus’ beta.” Jacks eyes go wide. “Is this your mate Chandler?” he asks shocked. “No, Titus is.” I say taking a bite of my salad. His eyes almost pop out of his head. “What?” I give him a look like you-heard-me! “Are you sure? I mean how would you know? Have you seen him today?” jack asks getting worked up. “Jack you need to calm down. I’m perfectly okay. Titus was at the pack house with my father this morning working out a peace treaty.” He and Callie both look surprised. “Really? A peace treaty?  So does that mean we are joining the packs?” she asks looking very interested. “I’m not sure yet that is up to my father and Titus. But there is rogue territory between the pack lands so I don’t know what we are doing just yet.” I say eating my lunch. Jack was about to say something else when Jake interrupts. “No more questions. It’s her birthday Pete’s sake!” I laugh. “Thanks Jake.”

Zane looks really awkward. I lean toward him. “You can go sit with your new friends. You will also learn to assert yourself with my friends. Being my guard you will have to they are already protective enough.” I laugh. He smiles at me. He stands with his tray in hand. “If you would excuse me I see chandler is in good hands.”  He smiles and walks toward the human’s table. I laugh and shake my head. “I don’t like him.” Jack says taking a bite of his sandwich. “You don’t have to.” I snap. “But you will respect him he is the beta of my mate’s pack. Understood?” I say sternly. I can see his wolf cower. “Yes, Luna.” I nod and continue eating.

So here’s the next chapter. You finally get to know if they really are mate. What do you think of my new characters? I don’t really have much to say. Other than you guys should feel lucky I was moving this weekend and I still managed to get it written and posted for you. Anyway. Vote. Comment. Whatever.

Love ya!