ch6

It’s Monday around dinner time and Sophie went home to get everything ready for when Alex comes home tonight. So my father and I have dinner together alone. Jake and Jason are going out for Xavier’s 15th birthday. Xavier is Jake’s younger brother. It’s currently 6 and I am extremely antsy. “Chandler.” My father says gaining my attention. “Oh uh. I’m sorry what did you ask me?” I say trying to pay attention. “How is you season going?” “Good we are 3 and 0. And we play Plymouth tomorrow.” He nods his head. “Are you going to be there tomorrow?” I ask as I take a bite of my steak. “If Jason doesn’t keep me too long. Although I’m sure he will be going as well. It’s home correct?” “No, away. But it shouldn’t matter their high school is off their territory. So you could still come without permission from Titus.” I say trying to convince him. I know that tomorrow is my birthday and that as soon as I smell Titus it will take all of my control. “Ah yes I will see what I can do. After his birthday dinner Xavier will be your guard tonight. Until then Kyle will be.” Oh yes Kyle the moron who thinks it’s hilarious to get my team wasted before games. I’m going to punch him if tonight when Xavier takes shift he decides to throw another party. “Awesome sauce!” “Now I know you don’t really care for Kyle but he is a good fighter. So give him a chance. You know it will hurt him if when you take over as alpha that you don’t like him.” He says trying to persuade me. “Yeah I know but he can be such a douche.” I say shoving my sweet potato in my mouth. “You need to watch your language young lady. You are a role model for young females in the pack.” I laugh nearly spitting my food everywhere. “Maybe you should tell the girls at my school that because they are all little…” “Chandler be respectful.” He cuts me off. I nod and continue to eat.

So my father is seriously considering Titus’ offer he doesn’t like the feud any better than the next guy. I’m actually kind of excited. He said we were going to talk to Titus tomorrow after the game to work out the details of our new alliance. Currently I am getting dressed to sneak out. I pull on my black skinny jeans, black t-shirt, and my black leather jacket. I pull my hair up into a tight ponytail. I put on light eyeliner and mascara. Finally I pull on my black combat boots. I grab my cell phone and put it in my pocket. My guards switched at 6:15 but don’t switch again until 9. Currently it’s 6:45. I walk over to my window and pull it up slowly. I dangle my legs out the window and get ready to jump. Okay you know that say that all cats land on their feet well I must be part cat. I jump and land perfectly. I look up to my window to make sure Xavier didn’t hear me. I take off toward the forest. My inhuman speed gets me to my getaway in no time.

I climb up a tree near the edge of the clearing. This is rogue territory after all. I’m about 10 minutes early and it’s so peaceful out here. I twig snaps and a girl about my age walks up to the lake. Soon a male about the same age walks up behind her and wraps his arms around her. She seems to melt at his touch. They smell like midnight riders and North Star. Wait one of them is from aunt Katie’s pack what are they doing way out here? I look at them closer and I recognize the male. It’s Tanner. I jump out of the tree and walk out in the open. Tanner hears me and pulls the girl behind him.

“Tanner Summers, long time no see. How have you been cuz?” I say walking forward them. His body relaxes as soon as I say his name. “Chandler James, you haven’t changed a bit have you?” he says embracing me. “You could say that.” I retort. The female grows at me. I’m sure she can smell Black Sky on me now. (That’s my pack) Tanner let’s go of me and I flash my gold eyes at her. She bows her head and says. “I’m sorry Luna.” Tanner looks between us. “Luna? What are you talking about she can’t take over until her 18th birthday unless her mate…. Oh wow you found him already? You birthday isn’t until tomorrow.” He says hugging me again. “Well, kinda I don’t know for sure until tomorrow so… that’s why I’m out here to meet him. Actually I think he is late.” I say pulling out my phone. Yup 5 minutes late. “Okay so if we really are mates then I don’t know what I’m going to do. He’s the alpha of our rival pack and he is currently trying to make peace between the packs for our sake. Not to mention I am under house arrest thanks to my over protective father.” I huff. “Oh speaking of your father how is Uncle Jared?” “He’s fine I guess just stressed about pack stuff. He has kinda indulged himself in that since my mom died last year.” “I’m sorry.” He says going to hug me again but I put my hand up to stop him.

 A large gold blonde wolf walks out of the forest behind Tanner. Immediately the female shrinks in the presence of her alpha. “Titus.” I say under my breath. He trots over and nuzzles my hip. I run my fingers through his fur softly. “This must be your mate.” Tanner says smiling at us. He wraps his arm around the girl. “And this yours?” I ask motioning to her with my hand. He blushes. Titus shifts next to me I try to keep my eyes on Tanner and the girl. Titus wraps his arms around my waist from behind. “Tanner this is my mate, Alpha Titus Andrew Michelson.” I say proudly. Tanner extends his hand. Titus let’s go of me to shake it. “Titus this is my cousin Tanner Summers. We grew up together. My dad and his mom are really close.” I explain. “Oh, you’re Derek Summers oldest. So are you really taking over their refugee camp?” Titus asks sounding really intrigued. “Yes, I am and I’m not his son that’s why I am taking over the refugee camp. My mom felt bad that I couldn’t take over so they built the camp for me to have a pack of my own.” Titus nods. “Tanner, where are your manners. Who is your darling mate.” His eyes light up in an ‘oh shit!’ expression. “Oh wow I’m sorry sweetheart.” He says to her. “Joanne this is my cousin Chandler. Chandler, this is my beautiful mate Joanne Kaila Reeves.” I give her a huge warm smile. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” I say embracing her in a hug. “You too Luna.” I step back. “Joanne…” she cuts me off. “Please call me call me Jo.” I smile. “Jo, you are a Luna now too. There are few formalities between allied alphas.” I say smiling at her. “Are our packs allied?” she asks the three of us. Tanner is the first to speak. “Any mate of CJ is an ally of mine.” He says smiling at me. “Wow I haven’t been called that since I was little.” Tanner laughs.

 “She’s my beta’s younger sister.” Titus whispers to me. I see it now she has Zane's same sandy brown hair and hazel eyes. "Oh wow. A high ranking female. Good luck with that Tanner." I say laughing.  He just rolls his eyes. Her being of beta blood is probably why she was so defensive of her mate. "So how did you two meet?" I ask leaning into Titus. "Well dad and I were visiting Titus' pack a few weeks ago on pack business. He was trying to get us to ally with them to help convince your dad to agree to his terms. CJ I knew you two were mates before you did. Hell do you even feel the pull yet?" I shake my head no. "That’s what I thought." “Why don’t you both come back to the pack house with me? I wanted to take Chandler there anyway.” Titus offers my guess is he didn’t know about them being mates. “Titus I can’t be long. My guards switch in about an hour. They will know that I’m gone. My dad will flip. How about you send Jo and Tanner back to your pack house with Zane. Then you and I can hang out. Or the four of us can and I can take Tanner back with me since he is here for my birthday.” I say with a sweet smile. He looks from me to Tanner and back. “I’ll call Zane. Then when I get home I will call alpha Derek and inform him that his son was found on the territory and I will keep him until they are in the area.” “Whoa, whoa, whoa. You are not going to keep me captive. My parents won’t be here until the game tomorrow. I was hoping to spend the day with CJ. Come on if you are worried about me being around because you two haven’t mated? Don’t. I have a mate and most male scatter when she and I hang out. One alpha is bad enough but you put two destructive alphas together it gets bad.” Titus laughs. “That makes me more nervous. Who know I was thinking about spending time with her.” He says kissing the crook of my neck. I fight a moan. “Fine, fine. Jo and I will go to your pack house Titus and I will call my own parents telling them I am stay at my mates pack for the night and going to Chandlers in the morning.” Titus nods.

Zane showed up about 5 minutes later and Joanne embraced him. “Zane, I’m sorry I ran off I needed to see Tanner.” She says stepping back. “Why the hell would you run off with some male?” Knowing this will start a fight. “Hey Zane.” I say with a smile. “Hey Chandler.” He says quickly turning back to Jo. And snaps his head back at me. “Chandler?” I laugh. “Tanner is her mate Zane.” His eyes go wide. “Jo why the hell didn’t you tell me? I would have invited him over myself.” She rolled her eyes. “Oh I don’t know Zane maybe because you are an over baring asshole?” Titus and I have to suppress a laugh. Zane just rolls his eyes. “Tanner is alpha Derek’s son.” Jo informs him. “You think I don’t know this it’s part of my job to know every alpha and beta we do business with.” She rolls her eyes. They went on like this for a few minutes until Titus told them to head home.

Sorry it’s so short but my best friend was bugging me to no end. Yes you know I’m talking about you. So to really understand who Tanner is you should read The Rogue Luna. It’s my other story. If you can put it together first you can decide a new character. I always love the feedback. ALWAYS! However I don’t want to bribe you so you want to tell me something. Say it! I will always answer any questions. Anyway, vote comment whatever.  Love ya!!