ch3

I walk in to my father sitting at his desk with Jake’s father Jason standing behind him. There is Zane Titus’ beta standing off the side of the room and Titus in one of the chairs in front of my father’s desk. “father.” I say hugging him. My father and I have always been close since I was little. “Chandler.” He says hugging me. He mind links me. “Why do smell of Jake so strongly?” he asks with a worried yet angry look. “He and I were training this morning sir.” I say trying to my heart rate down. He nods and motions for me to sit next to Titus. I try to move my chair slightly away from Titus to create space seeing as the chairs were practically stacked. Both my father and Titus growled at me. I throw my hands up in surrender. My father is the one to speak. “Don’t disrespect a visiting alpha.” He says in a stern voice. “Sorry alpha.” I say and sit down. Titus grins at me and my knees start to wobble. Fuck. These next few days are going to be hell. Why you ask because when mates are around each other the bond between them grows therefore making it harder for them to be away from each other. So yea the long this meeting lasts the stronger the bond.

Titus clears his throat. “Alpha James I have a proposition for you.” he says glancing at me. I raise my eyebrow trying look intrigued. “Well, get on with it.” My father says mirroring my expression. “Well you see sir, is that since I have taken over as alpha that this feud between our two packs should come to an end? I am worried that if we allow this feud to go on that our loved ones will be the ones targeted. I have heard multiple threats to Chandler, I mean the princess, and I wouldn’t want any harm to either of our families. So I would like to call a truce and form an alliance. I do understand that trust among our packs must be earned but within a few days I believe the whole process will go much smoother.” He ends smiling at me. That smile! Oh my goddess! It will be the death of me.

I think all the males in the room could smell my arousal. Shit. Titus leans into me and whispers. “You smell amazing.” He ends with a wink. Shit. A growl erupts from my father. I stand up almost knocking over my chair. “Daddy,” he glares at me. “Be quiet Chandler this doesn’t concern you.” he snapped at me. It was now Titus’ turn to growl. “Titus, don’t he was just agitated. I’m okay.” I say touching his bicep. On the contact he pulls me into him. This time Jason and my father both growled. As soon as our bodies were flushed my body exploded with fireworks. As much as I didn’t want to I pulled away from him. Hurt crossed his face. My father pulls me behind him and Jason is escorting me out of the room. “Jason let me go. Please you need to be in there with my father. I promise I will leave you can even send me with Jake. But please don’t leave those two together. They will cause an all out war please Jason!” I beg which let me tell you my wolf hates me for. He sighs. “Fine, princess I called Jake he will watch you until Titus is off the territory.” I smile. “Thank you Jason.” I say running off to go for a run if Jake wants to find me he knows where I’ll be.

As soon as I hit the tree line I shift into my silver wolf. I ran past my father’s window and can see Titus and Zane leaving his office. Titus and I link eyes and I run off to my spot which is a secluded spring fed lake with a waterfall. This getaway of mine is on unclaimed territory which means I don’t have the support of my pack out here. The rogues run this area. I lay down on the beach soaking in the sunlight when the rustle of some leaves to my right puts me into the defensive. A large blonde almost gold wolf steps out of the forest. He is beautiful. Beautiful turquoise eyes stare me up and down taking me in. Titus. I give him a wolfy grin and jump into the lake. I swim out to the middle of the lake and shift. “You coming wolf boy?” I ask tilting my head. He nods his head and shifts before even nearing the beach. I turn my back to him and his birthday suit.

I never heard him get in the water. Strong arms wrap around my waste pulling me into his rock hard body. “Now darlin’ what are you doing out here all alone.” He whispers while sniffing my hair. I lean my head giving him more access. “Well, hon. I need to get some air after that meeting today.” I say turning around to face him. He smiles at me and pulls me even closer. “I’m glad you chose unclaimed land to get some air.” He says nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck. I lay my head on his shoulder and breathe in his scent. “Titus I won’t turn 17 for three more days. I don’t have the pull like you do. What if this is not a mate bond you are feeling?” I say as tears start to well up in my eyes. He lets out a low growl “you’re telling me that you can’t feel the sparks every time we touch, or when you smell me your heart doesn’t pick up? What about when I do this?” he says pulling me in and crashing our lips together. My whole body explodes with pleasure. I deepen the kiss by placing my hand in his hair and pulling him closer. In response he pulls our hips together. A small moan escaped me uncontrollably.

 A mind link broke me from the kiss. “Chandler, where the hell are you?” Jake growls. I duck my head into Titus’ chest. “You know where I am Jake use your damn head and bring me some clothes please.” I reply. “God damn, princess why the hell did you leave the territory when Titus was just here? You are unprotected and your father is pissed you left the territory.” He says with irritation in his voice. I shut off the link. I am not in the mood for a lecture right now.

Titus lifts my chin to face him “who are you linking?” he asks with worry written on his face. I duck my head away again. “Just Jake. You need to go Jake will flip and tell my father. Please Titus.” He looks at me confused. “Darlin’, I’m not leaving you alone. There are too many rogues and you are unmated.” I smirk a little. “I can take care of myself.” I say leaning closer and continue. “Remember last season when I knocked you on your ass?” I pull away to see his reaction. He laughs. “You know I was gonna kick your ass for disrespecting me like that. But as soon as you took off your helmet I knew I could never hurt you. Darlin’, I got the mate bond early, like a couple months early; which only means you are in love with another male.” I must look confused because he continues. “Chandler don’t play dumb, I can smell him on you. your smells are almost intertwined like… like mates should be. Every time I smell him on you I want to mark you to prove you are mine and then rip his head off.” I really am confused. The only person I am around enough for our scents to mix like that is Jake. Shit and he is on his way here. “I’m not in love with Jake. He is my best friend and I couldn’t love him any other way. Ever since I was little I’ve wanted only one person to have forever, Titus and that’s you. My mate. Hell I’ve saved myself for when I found him. Trust me it’s been kind of hard especially after my mom died.” I say backing away. I couldn’t be in love with him I just couldn’t.

A twig snaps from shore. Titus pulls me behind him and growls. Jake steps out of the woods with pain all over his face. He drops a bag of what I guess is clothes by a tree. His usually bright green eyes turn pale and he runs through his chocolate brown hair. “I wasn’t supposed to hear that was i?” he asks not looking at me. “No Jake you weren’t but I think you and I both needed it to be said.” I say moving closer to him. He puts up his hand and pulls out a towel and bathing suit. “Here princess, so you can continue to swim.” He says holding out the towel for me to wrap up. I grab it and wrap it around myself and climb out. “Thanks” I smile and grab the bathing suit. I just realized Jake has a bathing suit on. Wow if Titus wasn’t here I would have noticed sooner. He reaches in the bag and pulls out another pair of shorts and throws them to Titus whom is coming out of the water. “I figured after you left you would track her to here. I hope the alpha is understanding of your situation.” He says with a blank look.

 Jake’s eyes go distant. His face looks scared. “Sorry princess this has to be cut short your father would like me to get you home ASAP. Something about threats on your life. I guess those mutt riders finally decided to grow a pair.” Titus growls at the cruel nickname. “Titus calm down, it’s just a dumb nickname. But I have to go my father is probably worried sick. I promise we can meet here again soon. Very soon how about Monday at 7. It’s only 2 days and then we have the game Tuesday. So we will know for sure about us by then.” I say and kiss his cheek. He nods and pulls me in and breathes in my scent one more time before I shift. Jake soon follows with my beach bag in his mouth.