Lighting, Pain, and a Kiss

Start from the beginning

I should've known he isn't one to give up his toys so quickly. He will never let me go, even if every other silver wants me dead. I do not know if Maven's obsession with me is good or bad.

I turn my eyes to the ceiling and wait.

Two minutes later, a red light on the camera blinks red. Maven begins.

"Citizens of Norta, many of you have begged to see this criminal, this murderer, be punished for her crimes. As the King, it is my duty to carry out your wishes." He lies solemnly.

I laugh without humor, the idea that he would care about what the people think is absolute bull shit.

"After consulting the council, we have come to the conclusion that her punishments will be broadcasted across the kingdom. Sometimes, if the punishment is... good enough, you will see it live. For now, enjoy Mare Barrow's retribution, the idea coming from my late mother."

To my surprise, when he turns to walk away so do the Arvens. They follow him safely away from me, their silence fading with each step. Out of view of the cameras, Maven gives me a devilish smirk laced with insanity.

I expected to feel my lightning rush back, to have my powers to at least some extent as before. To my dismay, that does not happen.

I can hear the hum of electricity running through the walls and through the room, but all I can feel is a slight tingle in my finger and toes. I wiggle them and it spreads a little, although it is weaker.

I don't have time to experiment because my mind is broken by a familiar click. My muscles tighten as it fills my head, the beat slow and steady.

click...click...click...

Tingly sensations, my electricity, race up and down my body, causing me to bite back groans of pain.

click...click...click

I beg myself to keep it together for as long as possible, but how can I when my body tries to destroy itself? I clench my fists tightly as the voltage gets stronger.

Just like before, the clicks start out slow but gain speed.

My head is split open and I finally let out a scream. Electricity runs up and down me, causing muscles to clench and my body to jerk. I arch my back as loud cries of agony leave my lips.

click click click click

White blinds my vision, a few streaks of purple cutting in. It soon follows with shattering pain.

CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

I feel my flesh slide off as I struggle to get away from my own electricity. My skin burns, peels, and is ripped away to reveal bone.

Everything is hot, yet everything is cold.

Through all of the shocks, through all of the excruciating pain, one thing remains constant.

Blue eyes, sparkling with a sick joy. He is enjoying my suffering. Maven is happy to show me how it feels to have your flesh ripped off with your own nails as you try to get it away. To show me how it feels to have your head split open, how it feels to scream for help and have no one come.

To show me how his mother felt when I killed her.

CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK

"P-PLEA-ASE," I shriek, back arching in pain. My fingers curl as a bolt hits me, its energy winding through my nerves, my muscles. "S-ST...!" I can not finish my sentence, as a particularly strong current flows through me.