3: Arrival on Myrkr

Once Obi Wan showed Vokara Che that he was perfectly healthy, he went in search of Master Yoda. He found him in his personal quarters. Jedi often came to Master Yoda for advice so he was not surprised to find Obi Wan at his door, awaiting permission to enter.

"Enter." Yoda said.

Obi wan walked in, bowed, then sat down cross-legged on a meditation pad across from the Grand Master. "Brings you here, what does, Obi Wan?" Master Yoda asked, though he thought he knew.

Obi Wan sighed, disquieted. His usual Jedi Calm was nowhere to be found. Yoda could sense warring emotions below the surface.

"When Anakin saved my life, he fragmented his Life-Force. He's dying."

Okay, Yoda had not been expecting that. He had known that Skywalker was unwell but he hand't known it was that serious. "Do anything, can we?" He asked.

Obi Wan shifted slightly, as if he wanted t say something but it seemed absurd. "Um...Master Yoda, Master Qui Gon spoke to me. I don't know how. He told me a way to save Anakin."

Yoda nodded thoughtfully. "Spoken to me, Qui Gon has, in the past." 

"Really?" Obi Wan asked, surprised.

"Yes. What tell you did he?" Yoda asked.

Obi Wan related the specifics. "Hmm. Dangerous this sounds. Without the Force would you be. Send clones with you could I. Up for this are you?" Yoda asked.

"Yes Master. I feel perfectly fine." Yoda cold sense the truth in those words. Obi Wan was recovered fully.

"Master, I need to do this. He saved my life..." Obi Wan shook his head, thinking How many times does that make? !0? 11? It's my turn.

Yoda closed his eyes and searched for it. Almost instantly he found it. The dark shroud on the Galaxy had lifted upon Sidious's death.  "Go, you shall. Pick your most trusted clones from the 212st and 501st battalions. Careful you must be, Obi wan."

Obi Wan got up and bowed. "Thank you, Master." He said earnestly.

He left the quiet room and gathered up what he needed. Then he went to pick his companions. 

-SW-

He stood before the two legions of clones, all of whom were standing at attention, helmets on.

"At ease, men, and please remove your helmets." Obi Wan said.

The cones did, somewhat surprised. Without being Force-sensitive, they could tell there was something bothering their general. Obi Wan may not have been as beloved as Anakin in the clones eyes, but he was a good general and he cared about them in his professional Jedi Way.

Today it seemed, there was something on his mind. 

Obi Wan stopped pacing and looked at them. "We have a very important mission, but I can only take a few of you with me." Obi Wan scanned his eyes, asking the Force who to take.

"Cody, Rex, Kix, Boil, and Coric come with me. I'll brief you on the way."

-SW-

"So, we go to this planet, get this plant, get back to Coruscant and save the general." Rex simplified.

"Essentially, except I won't have my Jedi abilities." Obi Wan confirmed.

They were aboard a small, serviceable ship on the way to Myrkr.

They sat in silence, contemplating what that meant. No premonitions of danger, no safety of they fell... 

For General Skywalker... Rex thought.  I would do anything.

-SW-

Obi Wan brought the ship down gently into a small clearing in the trees. Their scanners were useless because of some interference in the trees.

When Obi Wan stepped off the ship, he stumbled, a strange emptiness making him dizzy.

"You alright, Sir?" Asked Cody.

Obi Wan nodded and shook off the dizziness. "Let's find that plant and get off this rock."

They spread out, agreeing to meet back at the ship at sundown. they had no comms so they could't call for help. Obi Wan walked off into he trees, lacking any idea where to look. Where could he find a Olbio tree in this massive forest? There were thousands if not millions of trees on this planet.

Maybe he could try looking for the Yslamiri. They lived in the Olbio trees. It was going to be a long search...

Five hours later, Obi Wan's neck hurt from looking upward. He still hadn't found any Yslamiri or Olbio trees and the lack of the Force was conjuring bad memories. His mind kept summoning the horrors of Zigoola. There he had lost the Light Side as well. He tired to shake the thought away and focus, but it was difficult. The further he walked, the stronger the memories came.

Obi Wan took a step, then felt overwhelmingly dizzy. He reached for a tree but it was too late. He was falling... The world went black and a strange darkness permeated his dreams.

The Voice thundered i his ears. DIE JEDI! DIE JEDI! DIE JEDI! DIE JEDI! DIE!!

It was so overpowering that he couldn't hear anything else. He tried to muster the Light Side to his aid, but then he remembered that the Force wasn't present on Myrkr. This wasn't supposed to be possible!

Obi Wan pressed against the memories until he finally broke through.  When he opened his eyes, the sky was dark, spangled with stars. Oh, dear, I missed the rendezvous!

He sat up gingerly, wondering what had caused him to fall into some of his darkest memories. He didn't ave long to consider because there was an Anuuba-like creature with a barbed whip tail was barreling towards him.

*914 words