Chapter 20: By The Light of the Moon

Start from the beginning

She knew who I was, but no one ever suspected me of being a werewolf, which I can understand and I don't mind being underestimated, but really.

If people look  at the clues I'm sure someone someday will figure it out, it's all there. Starting with the fact that my mom's grave has a date that was a 100 years ago.

Shaking my head and ignoring those thoughts, I went to find Tyler and Gabriel who were waiting at the baseline of the forest.

They gave a small head nod, telling me that the She-Alpha was away and that the area had no other werewolves.

We finally sprinted along the forest to let out some pent-up-energy out. I paused in one of my steps as we were about to head home because a smell of family-pack went to my nose.

Nodding toward the other two to head on home, I sniffed out the other scent and found that it went to the old church where vampires were once locked in.

Sniffing out the scent, I was about to head over there when I saw that Elijah was there and was letting Stefan out of the tomb, but not Katherine.

Uh, interesting development. I wonder why he's helping them. I watched as Elijah walked away from the pair and started to use my werewolf speed to follow him through the forest before he suddenly stopped.

"How is following me?" He asked, a dangerous tint in the air. Lowing my head and coming out of one of the bushes, I watched my past-life brother tense.

"Begone, werewolf," he said as his hand tightened into a fist.

Instead of being threatening, I let my silver eyes bleed back into green and I saw him take in a sharp breath. "Henrik?" he breathed out staring at me.

I huffed out a breath of air, he's gotta work on getting my name right. Sure I might've been called Henrik once but Percy is my name now.

Ignoring the wrong name for now, I padded up to my brother and rubbed my head against his leg. He seemed hesitant as he lowered himself so he was more my height and started to rub my head.

"How is this possible? How are you so in control?" he breathed out as he started to scratch near my ears.

I gave him an amused look before pushing his leg toward the direction of my house. He didn't get it at first, too shocked to find out I'm a werewolf, until I did it a third time.

He straightened himself once he regained control over his emotions. "I will follow you," he told me and looked ready to do just that.

I paid him one more look before sprinting into the forest, this time I heard him behind me. Making sure I didn't go too fast, I lead Elijah toward my house.

I slowed down once we reached the forest line and turned toward him where I promptly transformed back.

I lost my balance for a second and was very glad I had control over when I wanted my clothes to stay on me, I felt hands grip my pits to help keep me from falling over.

"Give me one sec., just a bit dizzy from not spending the entire full moon in my wolf," I told the man before blinking away the small bits of fuzz in my vision.

"Perseus," Rosanna's soft voice was in front of us.

I felt Elijah tense around me. "Rosanna, this is Elijah. He will be a guest, please inform the others that," I told her.

I saw her nod before walking back to the house after giving a once over on Elijah, I could tell exactly when she knew that he was a vampire. As she tensed for a split second before relaxing.

She knew that I knew what I was doing.

"Who was that?" Elijah asked softly as he helped me steady my feet. The headache that was forming made me realize that I was going to have to drink a potion for it soon.

"Rosanna, she is a caretaker of mine. At least to others she appears that way, in truth she is a Witch that I befriended. Her and her friends Gabriel, a werewolf and someone in my pack, and then Ray who is more of a butler/driver for me and is a vampire. You will not harm them," I told him with a threat in my voice.

No matter if he is my brother, I will not let Ray, Gabriel, or Rosanna come to any harm under my care.

Elijah seemed to have sensed this as well, for he simply nodded and let me lead him to my house where I invited him in.

He paused for a second as he entered the house, almost feeling the magic that was around the house to keep those from ill-intent away, before walking with me toward the room I knew Ray picked out.

"This is one of the guest rooms. Tyler, my friend and also packmate, is to my right. Caroline is to my left, you just so happen to be in front of me. Don't make me regret giving you rooms near our own," I said with a sigh as I rubbed my forehead from the headache that was becoming worse.

"What is wrong?" Elijah instantly asked as he knelt in front of me, probably spotting the pain I wore on my face.

"It happens with the full moon and I change too early. I simply need a potion is all, just a headache. I will live," I told the worried man who seemed confused by his own actions.

Clearing his throat, Elijah told me that he was going to be gone for a bit, as he had to inform a few people that he will be staying somewhere else and to see a progress report.

Waving him off, I went into my room and toward one of the cupboards there and grabbed one of the potions I had for when I don't change during full-moons.

Chugging it down, I changed into my pajamas and slipped into bed, wondering what was going to happen now that Elijah was here.

Along with that thought, I wondered where the other siblings from my dream were.