The Fire

Markus had gone to sleep at maybe twelve, when Fable had regained a normal color. She wasn't a Tiefling with any odd color skin, but Markus studied her tail. At the end, it resembled a lion's, but it was one piece, and it was very long.

Gregor had gone to bed at eleven or so, but Markus didn't really mind or in all honesty care.

"Morning, Markus!" Firi said, hopping down the stairs with a groggy Ashe behind her.

"Morning, Firi. We have a new member to our group now, by the way." Markus said, stroking Fable's soft, blond hair.

"We do? Who?" Firi asked, bouncing over to him.

"This, " Markus explained, showing Firi the sleeping Fable. "is Fable Gyllafus Velafi."

Firi gasped, then awed and asked to hold her. Markus was hesitant at first, but soon handed her to Firi.

Firi was ecstatic to hold the small girl, and cooed and poked  Fable's button nose. Fable giggled then opened her eyes. The pupil was a sharp pointed oval, like a cat's. Her iris was a deep, smooth violet with streaks and flares of light blue.

"Markus, look at her eyes!" Firi said, holding Fable out to him. He smiled and wiped a strand of hair out of her face.

"They're beautiful." he commented, and Firi grinned.

"You're a wonderful father already, Markus." she whispered, tickling Fable's tummy.

   A few minutes later Thog and Gregor walked into the tavern. Firi arched an eyebrow, then saw the black soot on their faces and hands and clothes. Gregor nodded to Markus and he flashed Gregor a knowing glance.

"Boys, what did you do?" Firi demanded. The comment caught Ashe's attention and she stood with arms crossed.

"Well, last night when we found Fable behind an orphanage a lady called Fable hellspawn since she's a Tiefling and I planned to burn down the orphanage with everyone inside, but since I had Fable to look after Thog and Gregor woke up early to do it for me and I suggest we leave town now after Gregor and Thog take a bath and remove all evidence." Markus stated casually, looking at the pair with his last comment.

"ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!" Ashe yelled, extremely confused. She grabbed both Gregor and Thog's hand and began to lead them to the washroom. She pushed Gregor in and demanded he take a bath, and instructed Thog to do the same after Gregor.

"Well, since baths seem appropriate, I suggest we give Fable one as well. You wanna do it Markus?" Firi asked. Markus paused, the said Firi could do it if she wanted.

  Nodding with a happy grin, Firi walked into the kitchen to ask if she could wash the baby. The cook nodded and motioned her to come in. The pair disappeared behind the door and about five minutes passed.

Thog went inside to take a bath when Gregor walked out, nice and clean, and sat on the bench beside Markus's chair.

"Markus!" Firi's voice called from the kitchen. Markus instantly stood and walked across the splintering wood floor to the kitchen. He pushed the door open and saw Firi holding Fable.

"I took off her baby clothes and saw this. Look at her neck, back, arms." she pointed to said spots on Fable's naked baby body, and showed scarlet scales in each spot. On her neck, the scales went down and spread across the top portion of her back and washed down and faded by the middle part. Her shoulders were also covered, and the outside portion of the arm had scales as well. On the outside of her legs looked the same as her arms, and as Markus traced his finger around them Fable giggled.