Chapter 15

"Will you?" Louis replied sarcastically

"Will you?" Louis replied sarcastically. It was Zayn. On the contrary Harry didn't take the joke quiet well, he was sat beside Louis holding that man's hand tightly

Zayn shouldn't be talking like that.

Harry pouted.

Zayn walked inside with Liam following him. Liam decided to stand behind Harry and Zayn decided to stand on the other side oh Louis's bed.

"You're Lucky your mother asked me to follow you." Zayn gripped Louis's shoulder lightly. At the mention of his mother, Louis's guilt came rushing back to him. Even though Harry was sitting safe next to him, he hated seeing Harry in such a miserable condition. Especially the pathetic way Hank treated Harry in front of Louis's eyes and he had no other option but to watch.

Louis's grip on Harry's hand loosened.

I don't deserve to be with Harry. I couldn't even protect him.

The blue-eyes man thought. Hurt being a significant emotion reflecting in his eyes.

"Whoever they were they won't get you in trouble again. The police have arrested them." Zayn completed and smiled to Louis. Harry recoiled when Louis left his hand. He knew it deep down that Louis hated him because he put Louis through so much trouble. Everyone should hate him; this was entirely his fault, He thought

He looked away from Louis and decided to lean towards Liam, who rubbed his shoulders to comfort the boy. Maybe Harry was still recovering from the shock.

"You might have to stay one more night here Lou, but tomorrow we can take you home." Liam added.

Louis smiled softly but it wasn't a wholehearted smile.

"You guys should take Harry home." He made a bold statement and the curly haired boy looked at him with horror in his eyes.

"I'm not leaving Louis." He said, outright panicked.

For his words he earned a sharp look from Louis, which caused him to whimper.

Zayn and Liam felt the tension get heavier, Harry looked like he was going to cry any minute.

He blamed himself. He was hurting because he thought all of this was his fault.

Louis wasn't feeling that great either. Guilt washed over him, he felt bad for being rude to Harry but he couldn't do much apart from it. Wasn't it the only way Harry would hate him, see him for what he truly was, an irresponsible man who wasn't worthy of taking care of him.

"Hey! Harry we could sleepover with you at Louis's place." Zayn suggested to Harry.

The boy just looked down and waited for Louis to speak he realized that he had lost every right to ask anything from Louis. And he didn't mind if he was punished for it.

"Yeah. You should." Louis wanted redemption.

"We'll see you tomorrow?" Zayn's statement sounded like a question.

Louis gave him a brief nod and in the next few moments they vacated the room for him to rest.

Louis sighed and looked up at the ceiling, a plain white color painted evenly. Eventually it got boring. His eyes started to droop and he gave into sleep.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

When Louis woke up he was not alone in the room.

"What do you want?" his voice was laced with hatred and pain from his physical wounds, he wanted to get up but when he attempted to move a spark of pain spread throughout his entire body, his expression was pained and he tried staying still in order for the pain to settle.

"I know you are mad at me, Louis." She rushed to his side. Even though he wanted to say so much Louis could barely give a reaction, his chest was burning and his breathing was heavy, "I cannot tell you how sorry I am. I've been so selfish all this while." She had tears in her eyes, seeing her son like this was more painful then she imagined it to be. Louis felt the loss of words.

After she shed a few tears she looked at him.

"I want to make all this fine." She said softly.

"How will you make any of this fine?" He looked away and spoke.

She had truly shown him what he was. And he didn't deserve Harry for he couldn't fathom his own mother's wicked game.

"Louis, I'm really sorry you had to go through all of this because of me but I cannot do anything apart from begging for forgiveness." Tears pooled in her eyes, she realized what she had done and she accepted there was no way of going back.

"I-I want to leave the job." He spoke silently.

"But you are one of my best- " that's where she halted. Realizing the bitter truth that it was her company that was given priority.

Always.

"Okay." She agreed, "But I want you to accept something from me."

"What would that be?"

"I'll tell you at dinner tomorrow night. My place."

To her dislike, Louis didn't really want anything more, he was going to sit at home for the next few weeks till he recovered and maybe decide how he'd tell Harry he wanted to breakup.

" I don't think I can make it."

"Oh!" she looked a little hurt, but she quickly fixed her expression, "But the doctor told me otherwise."

Well shit.

"If you want to relax after you discharge tomorrow. Maybe we could meet on Friday."

Day after?

Louis thought.

He just pursed his lips, not really wanting to waste his stood up from her place, preparing to leave.

"Please bring Harry along with you." Louis looked at her with doubtful eyes, how would he know this wasn't another wicked scheme. She placed a small kiss on her son's forehead.

"It will be safe. I promise." She had walked out before Louis could say anything.

If it weren't for the drugs, sleep wouldn't come to Louis that night.