Simple Sweet Sixteen:4

Start from the beginning

"How did you guys even memorize all of that?" Daniel asked.

"Oh, we face timed each other last night and quoted movies," Deja said.

"It was so freaking annoying!" Corbyn yelled.

"Cannonball!" We turn to see Zach running. Deja and I both move out of the way just as Zach crashes into the pool. The other two dorks both jump in. Jonah had already left to take Hashbrown. Deja smiled and laughed the whole time. The pool wasn't very big, but we still played Marco Polo because it's way more fun when you don't have anywhere to really hide.

"I'll be back," I slipped out of the pool. "I'm gonna go use the bathroom." I lied. I walked into the kitchen and started to grab out the stuff we needed for smores. August and David already started the fire. Corbyn and Daniel both came in and started placing candles on the cake. Jonah got back and helped finish getting everything. I walked out to put stuff next to the fire. Zach and Deja were talking. Zach was saying something that made Deja laugh hysterically. I smiled. At least she's having fun and not feeling heart broken.

"Ugh, her step sister is so freaking annoying!" Jonah groaned.

"What?" I asked.

"I walked in with the puppy and Mr.Johnson was helping me because you know, we asked him before we adopted the puppy. He was really excited. Brianna was giving me dirty looks the whole time Mr.Johnson thanked us for throwing her a simple sweet sixteen and stuff. Then, Bridget walks in, sees the puppy and she starts whining about how she didn't get a puppy for her Sweet Sixteen. Then Mr.Johnson promised her a puppy, but she said she wanted Hashbrown. I got so mad and I told her off. She just stomped off angrily."

"She's such a cry baby bro..." I rolled my eyes. We waited for Daniel to get dried so he could play happy birthday on the guitar. I smiled. Everything is going perfectly.

Deja:

"You have really pretty eyes..." Zach said.

"Thanks!" I smiled. "You have a really nice smile."

"Thanks, I honestly wish I had your colored eyes though, I'm tired of having brown eyes." I laughed. "Seriously, they look like poop emojis in my eyeballs."

"Stop, you're making me laugh so hard, it feels like I'm growing abs." He laughed.

"Happy Birthday Deja," He said.

"You've already said that..." I smiled.

"I know, but I wanted to wish it to you again because you're special." I felt butterflies in my stomach and my cheeks beginning to flush red.

"Stop! You're making me blush!" I ducked my head in the water to hide from him. He grinned.

"I like it when you blush." He grabbed my hands and pulled me up.

"I like it when you blush too? Or I just like it when your cheeks are just naturally pink." He laughed.

"You're a really weird and funny girl, Deja. I'm jealous of your future boyfriend."

"Jealous?"

"Yeah," He scoots closer to me. "You're funny, your laugh is absolutely contagious, you have this smile that's brighter than ever. I can't help, but return a smile when you smile at me. Your voice is so soft and sweet. You are absolutely gorgeous. I mean, why wouldn't I be jealous if you ever dated someone. You're like perfect." I laughed.

"Thank you."

"No problem..." Our faces were inches apart. I could feel his face getting closer. He placed a kiss on my lips, closing the space between us. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to his body and placing me in his lap, I wrapped my arms around his neck.