1 - Airhead

Dedicated to sireeyo for being such a sweet (and because your hubby-chan's name was mentioned even more than the main character's own name xD).

Cover- Kise Ryouta in the standard Teiko uniform. Full view is available on the external link :3

---

CHAPTER ONE – Airhead

With its middle school counterpart having the most outstanding basketball team in all of Japan – holding three national tournament championship titles for the past three years, it is no surprise that Teiko High would also gain some popularity. But due to the fact that the said high school was established a mere two years ago, the high school is still creating its grounds on the field of basketball.

Now with the addition of the Generation of Miracles to their team, this school is now on its way to garner titles from all three national basketball high school tournaments being held every year. With those in mind, it seems that the team is unstoppable.

Also, because of this, there has been a sudden increase in the population of the school. Not only was the increase for males, but for females as well.

---

A young girl wearing the school’s uniform pushed her way onto the crowd that was forming in the hallway. The flow of the crowd was different, going to the opposite direction where she was supposed to go to; so it was difficult for her to make any kind of progress. It was confusing, really – classes are about to start, and they are not yet in their classrooms.

She became irritated to the extent that she literally had to shove her way in the crowd, resisting any person that would go her way. Anger was dominant on her face as she tried to find the root of this catastrophe.

After a while, she heard squealing and screaming. She finally got out of the crowd and got into a free space that was behind another bigger crowd. Observing the crowd, she noticed that it was mostly composed of females. What’s shocking is that some of them were not wearing the school uniform, indicating that they came from another school. They were holding boards and markers on their hands, waving them vigorously in mid-air. Their noise was deafening that she couldn’t hear her own thoughts, but she could clearly hear a name that these girls would chant a million times over.

She took a deep breath, remembering the words of the Student Council President of doing this job well. She tried to muster all her confidence and tried to demand authority. She was Councilor of Peace and Security, after all – she needed to do this. She tried to get everyone’s attention.

“Guys, attention,” she said loudly, standing straight.

She looked around and saw that no one was listening to her. She became more irritated that what she did just made them scream louder. Five minutes were left before the first bell starts, and that she needed to fix this mess immediately.

She had no choice but to shove her way into the crowd once more, and get into the front. That way, she could grab their attention and fix this mess already. She let a hand in, feeling other people bump into it. She retrieved it, and took in deep breaths again and attacked once more, hoping she won't get crushed in the process.

She pushed her way into the crowd, thanking that her small build was an advantage, as she could easily slip through small openings. After a short while, despite the messy hair, she was finally able to get to the front. She looked at the person who was responsible, giving everyone a smile as he tried to contain everyone’s needs, or rather, wants. He held a marker and board at his hand, signing it, and giving it to the girl that gave it to him in the first place.

He was a tall man, bearing yellow eyes and his blond hair was fixed naturally downward. He had an piercing on his left ear, and was wearing the Teiko High basketball team uniform. He wore a cheery smile that captivated her. He really is something.

Suddenly, she felt someone shove her in the side resulting her to fall over. She dropped to her knees and hands, saving her face from meeting the hard floor. The commotion instantly stopped when they heard the loud thump. She looked down on the floor, thinking that it would have caused some damage if she wasn’t able to save herself. She looked up, only to see a hand reaching out to her.

“Hey, are you alright?”

The man right in front of her was no other than Kise Ryouta. It was the name those girls were cheering over again and again. He was a member of the Generation of Miracles, considered a prodigy even though he just started playing basketball a mere two years ago. Not only that, he also works as a model whose popularity is increasing second to none. Despite not being interested in sports and modeling, she knew well that if someone doesn’t know this person, he must be hiding under a rock.

Looking around, the crowd had all eyes on her – especially on the arm band that she was wearing. It bore the symbol of the school and the symbol of the Student Council. She looked at the man whose hand is stretched towards her. Ultimately, she rejected the offer, standing up by herself. She fixed herself and looked at the person in front of her.

“Kise Ryouta, right?” she asked. “The President wants to see you. I think he wants to talk about settling these kinds of matters outside the school…”

“Eh? Akashicchi?” he said, sounding utterly surprised. “Is he going to kill me?”

“Who knows? He just wanted me to go here and stop this mess,” she bluntly responded. “Also, wearing earrings is a violation according to the Student Manual.”

“Oh… I…” he said. He started to smile, scratching his head.

She looked around the crowd of girls that are behind her. They looked at her with stares that could kill. Well, she was humiliating their hero in front of them. She had no choice but to look at them and tell them off.

“It’s going to be a few minutes before classes start so I suggest that you all go back to your classes,” she said sternly. “For those who are not students of Teiko High, I am sorry but I suggest that you leave.”

A few complaints were heard, until the man named Kise finally told them off to go to their classes, which they indisputably obliged. One by one, they started to move out, clearing the once congested hallway. Kise started to go out when she pointed her finger at him, stopping him in his tracks.

“I need to confiscate your earring. You could get it at the end of the day,” she said.

“What? Can’t I have an exception or something?” he asked.

The girl wanted to slam her face on the wall, thinking that this guy was a total airhead. He thinks he’s on top of everyone else and could do anything. She sighed, thinking that this may be a typical characteristic for a member of the Generation of Miracles. The president, Akashi Seijuro, seemed to have this characteristic as well.

“No, you can’t,” she answered.

“But, I’m friends with Akashicchi…” he whined. “He would understand.”

“President did say that you were no exception,” she replied, lying. “Give it here…” and reached out her hand.

He complained while removing his earring. He gave it to her with a sad expression, practically begging her to give it back right this instant. She sighed as she walked away from him, moving on to her next class, leaving the blond in his own miseries.

This is going to be one hell of a year, she thought.