Chapter 24

[Duskstar's POV]

I coughed loudly. I hoped Falcondust was doing okay at the gathering. He had never had to lead the clan before and this was good experience for him in case I did end up dying.

"Duskstar! Where are you?" A loud hiss asked. It didn't sound like everyone from my clan. I titled my head and slowly lifted myself out of my nest and headed out of my den.

I looked and saw a shecat I had seen before. I believed her name was Maplefur. She had been with the Dark Forest. She was also one of the warriors under Bloodtear. They must be attacking.

"I am right here." I coughed as I stepped closer to her.

I knew there was no way we could win. All of us where sick in the camp. Our only strong warriors were at the gathering with the exception of Watersplash, but she wasn't even in the camp since Blizzardleap was scared she would get sick. I was the only warrior able enough to get close to fighting but I couldn't defend myself and the clan against four warriors. I would die and they would kill me seven times.

"Maplefur, he's not even able to fight. Look at him. Bones showing, deep coughs." One of the warriors close to her said. So they were here for a fight.

"Get him to surrender. The rest of the clan will fall if you do." Another warrior said quietly.

"Remember what Tinyclaw said. She didn't want him or Bugstar dead." The last of the warriors with her said in a hushed voice.

"Fine. Duskstar, just surrender and get this over with. It will even be easier if you for all of your clan. You are all sick." She spoke glaring at me. I could feel the uneasiness in my warriors. They were scared they were going to die.

"What if I do surrender? What will you do?" I asked her being cautious. I didn't want to hand over my whole clan to the dark side if the other clans were still fighting.

"Well, Tinyclaw would be the main decider with that. She has already taken over DepthClan. MapleClan and SmallClan have fallen as well if you were waiting for them." She hissed at me. Three out of the six clans were down. It left the smallest three now.

"What about the cats at the gathering? They aren't back yet so they could be safe." I suggested. We could still have shot at this if there was enough warriors at the gathering to free the rest of us.

"Already taken care of. You think we wouldn't have thought of that?" She asked but it wasn't like the other responses. She had hesitated as if thinking. She was lying. I just couldn't call her out on it.

"Fine, I surrender." I grumbled and looked at my clanmates. I mouthed a sorry to them only hoping the best for them. I could see my mate in the medicine cat den. I wanted her to live.