Chapter 11

[Hawkstar's POV]

I had to meet her one last time. It was just in case I died in the battle. I watched as the medicine cats from the clans we would be attacking tomorrow entered the moonpool. It was now or never. Malvago was already setting it up with her Phantoms that the medicine cats would think we aren't attacking. They were good at this.

I looked around and noticed I was back to when I was a kit. It had to be around the same time we found Icestar as a kit. She was dreaming. I had to get to her somehow. I looked down and noticed I was a fluff ball again.

"Ice? Are you there?" I asked looking around. I had to find her and get her out of this crazy dream. She shouldn't dream about back then. We were kits and crazy. It shouldn't have happened.

"Hawk? Why are you talking to me?" The defensive growl asked.

I turned and saw Icestar back as a small kit with her fluffy coat. I was falling in love all over again. I just wanted to run over to her and lick her face until we laughed. I wanted to go on adventures with her, but yet I was stuck as a Dark Forest cat only because I killed a few cats to get to my position. I killed my own mentor.

"I had to see you again." I explained quickly. I knew it was hard for a cat to get to someone else's dreams but I was still worried they would follow me.

"You see me every day." Ice purred. Oh that purr, it was one of the first things I fell in love with about her. That and the fact that she was always super protective of herself and loved an adventure. Rules didn't apply to her.

"Not in a dream. This is really me, Hawkstar. I had to see you. I could die again tomorrow. I wanted to make sure you were okay." I told her wanting to step closer but I was scared she would claw me.

"Hawkstar... oh, I'm sorry. Please don't die. You have to be there with me in StarClan." The white kit of fluff said softly with her green eyes big. They had always been full of curiosity and fright when we were younger. The fright went away, but never the curiosity.

"Icestar, I'm in the Dark Forest. I don't have time to explain. Bloodtear will stop me soon. I wanted to know if our kits were okay." I said looking at her carefully. The scene around us was slowly starting to change but I didn't care anymore.

"They are fine. Wavefeather is doing great with the apprentices. Who is Bloodtear?" She asked me. I shook my head and licked her cheek.

"You don't need to know about him. If I survive, I'll send someone to find you. I'm sorry I had to die. Don't trust Robinstar. He killed me." I told her before I vanished from the dream and appeared back in the Dark Forest.