SIX

Black mists shot through the windows. I immediately took action, throwing spells at each of them. I have to keep them away from the rest of the castle. I have to throw them back out of the window they came in through.

I heard Dad yelling out spells and curses.

One Death Eater lunged at me. "Stupefy!" I called out. Luckily enough for me, the Death Eater was right in front of a window, so the force of my spell sent him flying back out the window, plunging to the ground. Just keep doing that, Elle, and you'll be fine, I reassured myself with a deep breath.

Another Death Eater flew in. "Carpe Retractum!"

Ropes wrapped around me. I tried to fight against them, but they kept pulling me towards the Death Eater. This Death Eater pulled out a knife. He grinned evilly. "Sirius Black's daughter. Oh, how I'm going to enjoy this," he said as he twirled the knife between his fingers. I pushed any fear away. I can't be scared. I can't panic. What do I do?

"Confundo," I whispered under my breath, trying to do wandless magic. I concentrated with everything I had. I blocked everything out. I blocked the sound of Dad fighting his own Death Eater out. I blocked out the sound of explosions. I've practiced a bit, but I'm relying on hope here.

The ropes loosened, freeing me. It worked! I shook the ropes to the ground and pointed my wand at the Death Eater, who looked at me with a confused expression on his face. Yeah, the spell worked.

"Deletrius!" I cast, watching as the Death Eater disintegrated in front of my eyes. That will give me nightmares. At least you're keeping him from the rest of the castle. You're keeping him from Fred.

And yet another Death Eater came in through the window.

"Crucio!"

"Protego!" I yelled in response.

My spell blocked the Death Eater's. The Death Eater continued to walk towards me, backing me towards the door. I have to stop this; I can't let the Death Eater get out of the door too.

"Expulso!"

The spell missed the wall, going straight through the door.

"Flipendo!" I cast, although the spell missed.

At this point I was about a foot out of the door. Shit, what am I going to do? I have to kill him or her.

"Crucio!"

"Flumos Duo!" I called, watching as dark smoke appeared, blocking the curse.

Before the Death Eater could curse me again and as the smoke cleared, I yelled out another curse, "Duro!"

The Death Eater got close to the railing as he lost his balance due to his feet starting to turn to stone. He fell and started rolling, screaming as the rest of his body turned to stone. He fell off the railing. I turned away, so I didn't see the stone break into a million pieces as the Death Eater hit the ground.

"Avada Kedavra!" I heard from behind me. I ducked quickly, falling down the stairs. My hands instinctively went to my head, shielding it the best I could from any blows.

I shrieked as the corner of every stair hit me in the knees, ribs, shoulders, stomach, and back.

I kept my eyes closed until I landed at the bottom of the stairs. I groaned as I landed on my back. The wind was knocked out of me. I couldn't breathe.

I heard the screams of the battle. I got up slowly. I was shaky at first, but I tried my best to push the pain away.

I staggered towards the sound of the screams.

I stopped in my tracks as I reached the courtyard. Acromantulas, trolls, giants, and  Death Eaters were everywhere.

I began casting curses in every direction, hoping to hit something or someone.

All of a sudden, a thought hit me. You have to find Fred.

It wasn't my voice, though. It sounded like my mum. Could it really be her?

Mum?

Yes, darling. Now, you must find Fred! Hurry, before it's too late!

Why? Why, Mum?! What's going to happen?

No response. She was gone. I shook my head, trying to clear any other thoughts from my head. I ran. I ran as fast as I ever have. What if I'm too late? I pushed myself. Where could he be? I trusted my instincts to get me to Fred. I ran up flights and flights of stairs. I knew I was in the seventh floor corridor, of course! It's so like Fred to be near the Room of Requirement.

I heard Fred's voice. Finally! I ran towards him. Everything seemed to happen in low motion. I heard a Death Eater shout a curse as I rounded the corner and Fred came into view, smiling and laughing with Percy.

"FRED!" I screamed as I ran faster and pushed him out of the way. I screamed as I felt ruble land on me.

Please, let Fred be okay.

Darkness.