Part 2.

I woke up for the shivering cold and my clearly visible breath. I didn't have the faintest idea about why and how, then I realized that i became single.

From now on I need to manage myself, woithout the watching eyes of the big brother. Ads I survived the nigt, I planned to take a look around the city.

Right now, I only had a pocket bowie-knife in my pocket and I felt myself horribly vulnerable. Food didn't matter me so much, the can was enough for good. Of course my stomach was crap and I couldn't eat a bit now.

The sun was shining brightly, but I had not the faintest idea if it was useful for me orit spoils my chances for survival. Anyway, I need to carry on.

Emptyness and stink everywehere. The cold preserved the dead bodies and he fire finally went away. The snow was crunching under my feet, but I couldn't let go off the feeling that somebody is after me. The only question was- friend or foe? At this point I almost laughed at myself, since I had only enemies left in this world.

My sole friend was dead and Alexander was worse than the devil itself.

No. There was only me and my stupid thoughts.

After walking rapidly for 30 minutes, I got used to the stinky odour of the city. The corpses couldn't bother me either. They were lieing wherever the faith reached upon them and luckily they were not tempted by waking up, just like int he zombie movies. It bothered me more that there was more and more from the city.

Death is everywhere. The shops were left burglered and broken. How am I supposed to survive like this?

It started to snow again and the wind was blowing int he wildest way. I didn't want to spend the night outside and I have gone too far to return to my hide-away.

Winter showed its cruel face for the first time and Alexander withdrawed his troops. There were no schoolbuses and patrols around, because everyone wanted to get through the winter. The majority of those who left outside just don't make it till spring.

And I was one of them...

It was a dangerous territory in real life and in my soul as well. If I don't pay attention, I get killed. If I don't finish hurting myself, my own inner vioce is going to rip me apart.

I am not going to die. I am going to survive at all cost. The epidemic couldn't put me down, Camp Haven couldn't put me down either and nor Wonderland. I did survive anything, that can kill anyone else. I am not going to give up now. I am going to win against to myself.

"Overtaking ourselves is the most real and solely perfect win."

It managed to give me back my strength and I got myself together finally. I didn't care to check what city I am in and as I could finally lett he slum behind me, I was happy. As I reached the downtown there are more empty building in my way, from the tiniest to the skycraper types as well. Load of broken cars and malls.

Malls...well well, maybe it is time to take the chance to take a look around there. More shops, more chances. Of course, the amount of risk grew with the chances.The thoundands of squaremeters hunting territory was not only tempting me, since the stocks were endless there. Nobody could turn down such a great opportunity.

I had to take the chance.

I carefully entered the mall, where everything was covered with shards and the marks of distruction. There was only that much light it could come in from outside. I did not count with this problem. I am so used to the convenience of the base camp that I forgot about the nonexistence of infrustructure ont he other side of the wall.