The Water Is Freezing!

(Nine years later)

I growled. "Mom! You shouldn't have done that! The water is freezing!" I shrieked.

My mom decided it was okay to grab a bucket of ice cold water and throw it on me while I was still sleeping. It was one of the methods my mom used to wake me up in the damn morning.

I hated it.

Sleeping shouldn't be illegal!

"Sorry, Iz. But you seriously need to learn how to wake up. I can't keep doing this all the time, you know." My mom rolled her eyes. "I'm getting old."

"Well then don't do it!" I said, groaning. The water was freezing cold. "I don't think daddy will like this." I said sadly. "My bed is all wet. And I won't be able to sleep." I pouted.

Mom's eyes narrowed at me. "Because you won't sleep! Get your lazy booty up! It's time to go to school. I will not let you miss again."

I pouted. "B-but I don't want to go!"

"I don't care. Get dressed. Aunt Vee is going to take you. I have to go with daddy to do some business somewhere." My moms eyes suddenly turned worried but then it was gone in a flash.

"Can I come with?" I said looking up at her under my lashes. It was such an adorable face. Every time I used it on my dad, he'd crumble and would always agree with me.

"No. You can't. Now hurry up! Vee is going to come any second and I know you'll want to see Rick." She wiggled her eyebrows and I just shook my head.

"Mom, Rick is like a brother!" I made a face. "That's just nasty."

What's nasty? Stark's voice entered my head.

Mom wants me to go out with my aunts son, and he's like a brother to me and that's just nasty.

Stark laughed. That IS seriously nasty.

I know right. Totally.

"Baby, are you okay?" My mom looked at me worriedly.

I had been staring at the wall, smiling and focusing on nothing, but Stark in my head. I totally forgot how it looked like if someone were looking at me.

I looked at my window guiltily. I had never told my mom about Stark. Because I didn't want her to take him away from me. Even if he was only in my head. I couldn't let anyone take him away from me. It sounded really stupid. And it made me look mental. But Stark was such a big part of me. If I lost him... it would be like losing a huge part of myself. I have had him for so long. I've never been truly alone with him in my head. I don't want anyone to ever take him away from me. He is just such a vital part in my life.

"Sorry mom. You know sometimes I just focus on random things." I lied.

"Okay." My moms voice still held concern but she nodded. "Get dressed. Vee will be here in ten minutes."

I nodded and when she left my room I went into my walk-in closet. I had a dark sense of style. I grabbed black skinny jeans, a black tank top and over it a black  blouse. I grabbed black converse and a black scarf. After I was done changing I went to my mirror and I grabbed my brush. My hair was always amazingly soft. It was one of traits I had gotten from my dad.

Is everything okay, Iz? Stark asked me, voice concerned.

I'm fine, Stark.

After I finished I put on black mascara which made my black eyes shine weirdly. When I finished I looked into my mirror. I looked good. I totally looked like Patch Cipriano's daughter. But I looked more like him than I looked like my mom. It was weird. It was like I was more my dads daughter than my moms.