Chapter 12: Confessions For a Love Lost and Found

Start from the beginning

It was horrifying, that I had to endure a day of being paralyzed in bed. Dad was worried, along with mom and Lucilla. Especially Daddy. When he found me in that state, he was so frantic and panicked.

After that day, dad made sure that I slept at night, without nightmares. He slept next to me, whispering sweet nothings in my ear, humming a song I know, and gently brushing my hair with his fingers.

'Have I told you lately,
That I love you,
Have I told you,
There's no one else above you,
Fill my heart with gladness,
Take away all my sadness,
Ease my troubles, that's what you do...'

He would hum Rod Stewart's song all over again, until I fell asleep.

Dad has been more careful with me, after my day of being paralyzed. He would continue checking up on me, and it only made me sad, for reasons unknown. Mom and Lucilla, spent more time with me, to cheer me up. It worked, but the only one who can really cheer me up is Loki.

Rhodey, being the cool Uncle he is, visited me one time, and took me to an Arcade Station in the mall, which helped brighten up my mood.

Closing the container of food, I brought it with me back to where Captain America and Coulson was. Coulson looked at me, and smiled. I smiled back.

"Can I borrow your phone?" I asked Coulson, looking up.

"No need to borrow mine, your dad packed you one, he put it inside your backpack before we left," he said bending down to my level. He took my bag from the bench, and I took it gladly, kissing him on the cheek as thanks. I sat down on an empty bench, pushing the thoughts of sorrows and pain in the back of my head. I popped the lid of the food open again, and took out a random food, which was a chocolate bar. Score.

I took my phone out, which was identical to dad's and put on a video of a ballet dancer, while my mind wandered off to yesterday's events...

* Yesterday*
I pushed myself up from the floor, after falling from my bed, because of dad. I heard him laugh, while I glared at him. Did he really wake me up with an airhorn?

"You dipstick! That was a cheap move!" I stood up, kicking his legs. He yelped. Ha. Take that. I may be small, but I'm terrible!

"Fear me!" I screamed, tackling dad to the ground, poking his sides. He laughed, and I smiled, but he swatted me off of him without is hand. I fell on the floor sideways, my hair sticking out everywhere.

"Come on. Up on your butt! We got work! Tons and tons of awesome, explosive work!" Dad cheered, pulling me up, off the floor. I grinned.

"Yes! Can we make one of your suit explode? Like... Kaboom! Boogsh! Whoooo...." I said, my hands making an explosion gesture, then making it fall down, like a suit. Dad laughed, while picking me up.

"Sadly, no. We can't," he said, walking out of my room. I pouted.

"But... can we put-"

"No. That's worse. We will not put boobs on my suit," he cut me off.

"Aww..."

"I'll make vanilla and chocolate chip cookies... if you shut up," dad bargained and I nodded my head.

"Fair enough," I smiled. Daddy carried me to the living room, and headed straight for the kitchen. I sat down on a stool, and dad took out a bag of flour, some eggs, sugars and basically everything you need to make cookies.