Chapter one.

I woke up the next morning feeling tired and having a couple of muscle aches on my arms. Probably from the heavy lifting.

That's what you get for not being active in gym class.

Shut up.

I got up from my bed and headed to the bathroom. One look at the mirror and 'WHOA'. Talk about a birds nest. I wonder why they call it a beauty sleep. Hmmm.

I turned on the shower and let the water trickle down my back. I was to start school in two days and the thought of that made me have butterflies in my stomach. I still hadn'tmade contact with any of my older friends. I wasn't even sure if they existed. I only knew of Mason and I wouldn't really consider him as a friend.

A couple of minutes later I was done and changed into my underwear (obviously), a pair of black shorts and a plain pink shirt.  I tied my damp hair into a messy bun, brushed my teeth and headed downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning mum", I greeted her as I took a seat on the kitchen island.

"Morning sweetie", she replied as she heavily worked on the pieces of bacon. Which popped and sizzled.  Which were looking so glorious on the pan. And they called 'Tris, Tris, we are yummy'.

"Tris, Tris",my mum called.
"Wha...", I just realized bacon made me zone out. EMBARASSING!!!!

"yeah.. I'm listening" I said confidently.

She just shook her head. "I was saying that we should get some groceries after breakfast,"

"No problem. I mean I don't really have anything much to do"

***

We both got into the car and mum started the engine and started driving.

Like any other normal teenager, I was busy on my phone. Instagram. I have two accounts. One for photography and the other is just mine. As I was doing a normal thing of stalking people, something suddenly told me, 'look out the window'

It was me you idiot.

Would you PLEASE, let me tell the story.

Whatever.

So I looked out the window.

It's a Greek god.
It's a Calvin Klein model.
No, it's a random hot dude on the street.

But I must say, he looks oddly familiar.

True. True.

Light brown hair and blue eyes. Ring a bell?

"Sweetie, it's Mason Walker. Drooling, ey? " my mom spoke up.

"M... M... Mason Walker? That dude there?"I stuttered. I, Tris the great, actually stuttered.

"Yeah. Hard to believe? Why? Is it because he is, and I quote 'a Greek god, a Calvin Klein model or a random hot dude on the street"she said grinning.

At that moment, I was red. Beetroot red if I might add. But thank goodness she didn't wiggle her eyebrows.

Then she did.

I spoke too soon. Shoot me.

It was then that I realized that he was with some two other guys which I believed they were his friends.

Was there some 'Hot Guy Convention' that I didn't know about?

I took a glimpse at my mom to make sure I didn't say that out loud. Her eyes were on the road as she drove slowly. So I didn't say that out loud. I heaved a sigh of relief.