"I can't believe you tried to fucking shoot me," I say quietly in the silence, shaking my head.

"Hey! You're the one that looks like a damn demon," Jason remarks as he glances at me out of the corner of his eye.

I pout and stick my tongue out at him. The car goes silent after that. Jason concentrates on the road and I prop my arm up and stare out the window. I catch my reflection in the side-view mirror and grimace a little. My blank black eyes stare back at me and I sigh.

"I probably would have shot me too," I mutter. "Also, I'm sorry that I'm making you see Bruce."

I can sense Jason tense a little when I say Bruce's name. "It's alright, him and me have come to an understanding."

I hesitate a moment. "I mean, I don't want to pry or anything, but if I'm reading the situation right, you don't totally believe that do you?" I look over to him to see his hands grip the wheel so hard his knuckles turn white. All of a sudden, all of the tension goes out of his shoulders and his hands loosen. He almost seems to be crumpling in defeat.

"I don't even know anymore. I don't want to be mad at him, but I just can't forgive him for what he did."

The car goes silent and I just start melting into a pool of anxiety. Oh my god, why did I bring that up?! I'm awful! I didn't mean to do that! Ahhhhh!

"God. Sorry. Enough about my messed up life." He says as he pulls up to the front of the manor. "How do you know the Old Man?"

"Well..." I hesitate. "It's kind of a long story."

He shrugs as he opens the back door and picks up my body. "I've got the time. It's not like I have anything better to do."

I grab my shopping bag and shut the door behind him and we walk up the steps to the front door. "Hey," he turns towards me as I ring the doorbell. "I never even asked your name- where'd you go?" He looks around everywhere on the entranceway, but where I am.

"Helloooo~" I wave my hand right in front of his face. "I'm right here."

He has a confused look on his face as he looks straight through me. "I mean, I can hear you, I just can't see you."

"Oh," I say simply. Then an idea forms in my head and I suppress a giggle as I tiptoe around to his side and put my face really close to his ear. "Boo!" I whisper loudly. He doesn't even jump.

"I could hear you breathing," he says slightly annoyed. "And you're holding a shopping bag."

Even though I know he can't see me, I stick my tongue out at him. "You're no fun."

Just as he's about to open his mouth to answer, the door opens and Alfred stands on the other side. His eyes quickly dart to my limp body in Jason's arms and widen. "Dear God! What happened?!"

"Don't worry Alfred," I say quickly. "My soul just kinda slipped out."

"I-" he composes himself quickly. "I see. Oh dear, this looks like it's going to be a job for Master Bruce. Do come in you two." He opens the front door wider to allow us inside, not that it was much of a problem for me in my ghostly state.

Jason enters and quickly smiles at the old butler. "It's good to see you again Alfred."

"Likewise, Master Jason." He bows his head slightly and closes the door behind us. "Seeing as it's a full house, I'll go make some tea for everyone. Why don't you head down to the Cave in the meantime?" He takes my shopping bag from me and then heads off to the kitchen and the sounds of him messing about in the cabinets drifts down the hall as Jason shifts me in his arms.

He takes a deep breath. "Better now than never," he mumbles to himself as we both head to the elevator.

The ride down is so silent, you could hear a pin drop, and the tension coming off of Jason's body is insane. His foot is bouncing up and down so fast, it would make Wally jealous. "I'm sorry to sort of force you here..."

"It's fine," he says with furrowed brows while keeping a steely gaze at the doors.

I'm kind of worried about him. He seems so wound-up and depressed about being back in the manor and seeing Bruce again. I mean, I know their relationship is far from perfect, but I thought that they had at least worked some of their issues out. What happened?

"It's clearly not-" I start to say, but am cut off by the elevator coming to a halt and the doors opening. The three figures in the cave immediately stop their current conversation and look at us.

"What happened?!" Dick is across the cave in less than two seconds and frantically looking over my limp body.

"What did you do this time Todd?" Damian scoffs as he and Tim cross the cave over to us as well.

"Damian," Tim warns, but Jason has already lost it.

"You know what? Whatever. I'm leaving. No need to thank me or anything." He stalks over to the medical table and unceremoniously drops my body down on it. A sudden pain erupts in the back of my head where my body hit the table hard.

"Owww dude, that hurt." I rub the back of my head and frown. So I guess whenever my body gets hurt, my soul body gets hurt too?

"I- Violet?" Dick asks as he searches the apparent emptiness I'm currently standing in for the source of my voice.

"Yeah? What?" I question. I must pop into existence right then because both Tim and Dick jump in surprise and stare at me wide eyed. Damian on the other hand looks hardly bothered by it at all.

"Well that's new," he says nonchalantly with a single raised eyebrow.

A/N: I am honestly not happy with this chapter, but I just wanted to get something up :/