Tim Is A Boxers Kind Of Guy

I look up to see Batman towering over me. I mean, I'm pretty tall being 5'8" and all. Compared to the 6'2" man standing next to me however, I feel completely dwarfed.

Now normally, I would be squealing at the chance to stay in THE WAYNE MANOR, but I feel a bit wary about his intentions seeing as everyone currently staying there doesn't trust me. And Dick doesn't count since I assume he's living in his apartment somewhere in Blüdhaven.

Ahh, who cares. I get to stay in Wayne Fucking Manor.

"I'm in." I say with a grin.

"-tt- Another charity case," Robin mocks.

"Hey," Red Robin says, offended. "Rude."

"Good," Batman nods to me, ignoring the bickering boys. He presses his utility belt and the Batmobile comes racing around the corner. Its bright headlights illuminate the ally as its roof slides open.

"Shotgun!" Robin yells as he literally jumps into the car, cartoon style. I suppress a laugh.

"Don't you think our guest should get shotgun?" Batman questions as he climbs into the front seat of the Batmobile.

"No, I do not, because I called shotgun," Robin says smugly as he buckles his seatbelt and crosses his arms.

"Robin," Batman says a little threateningly. The younger boy grumbles and unbuckles his harness and climbs into the back of the vehicle.

"Why do I have to sit next to the demon," Red Robin complains as he gets in and sits next to him.

"Watch it Drake," Robin says venomously.

Oh boy, this is going to be a long ride.

Luckily nobody killed anyone else. I did however get elbowed in the back of the head to which Red Robin apologized profusely. I assured him I was fine, but he still seemed embarrassed by it and immediately went to his room as soon as we pull into the cave.

The rest of us get out of the Batmobile and Bruce immediately takes off his cowl and goes straight to the Bat Computer. Damian takes his mask off as well and stands behind his father for a while, watching him work, until he gets bored and goes off into a corner of the cave to train.

I feel so utterly and completely out of place. I just stand by the Batmobile awkwardly until Bruce pushes a button to what I assume is the intercom and calls for Alfred. Soon the elevator in the cave opens and Alfred steps out. When he sees me he raises an eyebrow.

"And how long will Miss Violet be staying with us this time Master Bruce?"

"For the foreseeable future," Bruce replies without looking up from his work.

"I suppose that this is a moment that would require me to say 'I told you so,'" Alfred answers back. I grin at the butler as we share a knowing glance and Bruce just lets out a dismissive grunt as I follow Alfred into the elevator.

When the doors close, I turn to Alfred. "I guess I get an 'I told you so too.'"

"For what Miss- Violet?" He corrects himself.

"For saying that he would eventually come around."

He turns to me and even though he doesn't smile, I can see it in his eyes. "I suppose I do."

It's too bad it only took my apartment burning down for it to happen.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dinner that night was the tensest thing I've ever had to endure in my entire life. Alfred came out with the food and us thanking him was the only conversation any of us had together that night. Bruce sat at the head of the table and didn't say anything as he cut into his steak. I was sat next to Tim, who was stiff as a board and wouldn't make eye contact with anyone at the table. The poor boy was so anxious and I didn't blame him. Damian on the other hand was staring daggers at me from across the table.

I finally can't take it anymore. "Umm, would you mind if I left the table?"

Bruce looks up and shakes his head. "No problem."

Relaxing with relief, I pick up my unfinished plate and skirt around Tim towards the kitchen.

"Back so soon?" Alfred remarks as I come in. I sit down at the breakfast bar attached to the marble topped island in the middle of the kitchen and rest my head on my arms.

"They all hate me Alfred," I say. I lay my head down on the counter and my hair falls in my face. I try blowing it out of the way, but it's no use.

He continues to wash dishes as he talks to me. "Give them some time. It's not every day we have a civilian under our roof, let alone a girl."

"I guess..." I scoop up some peas off my plate and chew on them half-heartedly. As I continue to eat, Alfred leaves to the main dining room and comes back with everyone's finished plates. I gulp down the last of my milk and bring my dishes to the sink and absentmindedly start to clean them.

"We do have a dishwasher you know, Violet. There's no need to clean your dishes." Alfred says as he opens the machine and starts to put the dirty dishes into it.

"Oh, sorry. Old habits die hard I guess." I stop what I'm doing and put my now rinsed dishes into the dishwasher. I dry my hands on my pants and start to leave the kitchen.

"Wait one moment," Alfred says as he opens the refrigerator and starts rooting around in it. Not finding what he was looking for, he looks on top of it. He pulls down a giant plate of donuts covered in cling wrap. He quickly pulls the plastic off and tops some of them with sprinkles. He then turns to me and offers the plate. "Would you mind bringing this to Master Tim? It's his favorite and would be a good way to break the ice."

I accept the dessert and smile. "Thank you Alfred." I guess Tim really does like donuts.

Just as I'm about to leave, I stick my head back into the kitchen. "So, ummm, where's Tim's room exactly?"

"Two doors down from yours."

"Coolio."

When I reach the right door, I knock lightly. "Tim? Alfred wanted me to bring you these."

I hear shuffling inside the room and a loud thud followed by annoyed muttering. The door finally opens and Tim pokes his head out of the dark room. When he spots the donuts in my arms, his face lights up.

"Oh man, I love Alfred! Come on in." He opens the door wider and I step inside. He quickly moves towards his desk and turns on the lamp next to his lit-up laptop. "I work better in the dark," he quickly explains as he turns the switch. The room is abruptly illuminated and I start to notice all of the clutter everywhere. Tim seems to notice this too and starts picking up all of the stray Chinese take-out boxes that are strewn about on his desk.

"Sorry about the mess," he says sheepishly. "I sorta get absorbed in my work and forget to clean."

"It's all good dude, I totally understand."

Tim smiles and takes a donut from the pile and starts eating it as I look around his room. His room is about the same size as mine and has the same layout with an attached bathroom off to one side and his closet off to the other, which is currently overflowing with clothes. Next to his desk is a large bookcase filled to the brim with books and odds and ends.His bed is unmade and what seems to be a pair of boxers is peaking out from under the covers.

He sees me staring at them and quickly grabs them and throws them deep in his closet. His face is bright red. "I- umm- sorry about that," He mutters. I just laugh.

"I see you're a boxers kind of guy," I say jokingly, wiggling my eyebrows at him. He turns an even deeper shade of red.

The conversation is lagging and we're both just standing here awkwardly. My eyes drift to a half-eaten bag of potato chips shoved in the corner of his desk.

"Are those Cape Cod? Those are my favorite!"

He follows my eyes to the bag. "Well thank god someone in this house has good taste! Everyone else here likes Lays." He replies with a small laugh.

"Oh eww, Lays?"

"I know, right?" We both grin and give each other a high five.

The rest of the night was spent talking and laughing and stuffing our faces with donuts and potato chips.

A/N - I'm sorry this is so short. I had half of it written like 2 weeks ago but I just couldn't bring myself to write the rest until today :/