1

1

Harry and Violet sat outside the Grand Lux Cafe on a very hot day.

Violet was in a black tank top with blue shorts, her hair up in a bun due to the weather. Harry wore jeans and a shirt, along with his cross necklace. His hair was pulled back with a bandana, like usual. (he looked like a moron, but it's summer, right?)

“It's so hot today! Man, we should have gone to the beach or something," Violet stated.

New York City in the summer was basically the same temperature as the sun.

“Well we can always go tomorrow,” suggested Harry

“I guess, we'll see."

The waitress came with water for both Harry and Violet, then asked them what they wanted to order.

“Hmm, I think I’ll have the Fettuccine Alfredo pasta,"  Violet responded after scanning the menu with her eyes.

“I’m still debating on whether to get the bacon burger or the grilled salmon sandwich, what do you recommend?” Harry asked the waitress.

“Well, for the salmon sandwich, our chef has a delicious secret sauce.  And to me its literal heaven, but that's just my opinion.”

“Well, then I think I’ll have to go with the one that'll take me to heaven,” Harry smiled at the waitress.

The waitress gave him a grin, then left with their orders.

 Harry and Violet started talking on and on about various topics as they waited for their food to arrive.

“If you could have three million dollars, what would you do with the money?” asked Harry.

“Well, let’s see. I would buy an electric car because I've always wanted one of those, twelve branches of Chick Fil A, open up a museum filled with my photography, put one million into my bank account for future needs, and give the rest to the poor. What about you?”  responded Violet.

She was a photographer in progress. Violet has always loved photography ever since she could remember. Her mom would always take her to the park back home in Pittsburgh or even the city further away in Philadelphia. Violet would snap pictures off her mom's old Kodak until the sunset. Everything about it fascinated her.

It was her first love.

Harry then stated what he would do with the money.

“I would probably save one million in my bank account as well, use the money I need for college, a nicer car, a better apartment, give Gemma and my mum each fifty thousand, and give the rest to you."

“Oops, well I guess that makes me selfish for not giving you any,” Violet remarked as they both laughed at her comment.

The waitress came out with their food. She gave Violet her Fettuccine Alfredo pasta and Harry his grilled Salmon sandwich with a side of fries.

Violet grabbed a fry from Harry's plate and ate it.

“I might steal all your fries. So just watch out, Styles,” she said, giggling.

Harry opened his mouth, and took a bite out of his sandwich, but immediately spitting it out.

“This has not been cooked fully,” Harry complained. “Excuse me, miss!" Harry called out to the waitress.

“Yes, sir? Can I help you with anything?" the waitress questioned.

“Yeah, this fish hasn't been cooked fully, so if you don’t mind, could I please have another one?" he asked politely.

“Oh, of course! I am so sorry, I will bring a new one out right away," answered the waitress, taking the plate and walking over to the kitchen.

“Wait, my fries!” declared Violet after the waitress left.

“Hey, they're my fries Violet!” Harry teased.

Violet laughed at his expression and said, "Well, you know most of them will probably be in my stomach."

“Fry stealer,” Harry mumbled, and they both laughed.

“Sorry, can’t help it,” murmured Violet.

After the waitress threw out the uncooked fish and told the chef to make a new one, she went out the back for a quick smoke.

As she stood against the brick wall, blowing out a puff of smoke, a girl came up to her and handed her a small note.

"Give this to a guy with curly hair. He's sitting with a girl in a black tank top outside. Fourth table to the left," she explained.

The waitress was beyond confused.

"What?"

"Just do it, please. Make sure not to tell it's from me."

"Who are you?" questioned the waitress.

"A friend," the girl responded bluntly.

The waitress dropped her lit cigarette, smashing it with her work shoes.

"What does it say?" the waitress asked. The girl shook her head.

"Just don't say it's from me. All right?"

Then she walked off into the streets without another word.

"Um, okay?" The waitress was left confused, but did as she was told.

She came back and served Harry his food. Violet and Harry ate until their plates were licked clean, and of course Violet ate the fries.

Typical Violet.

After they were done eating, the waitress handed Harry the check with the note left inside. Harry opened it and on top of the receipt was the note. It was typed on a thin sheet of white paper. He unfolded it and read it out loud so Violet would hear as well.

         Hope you had a nice lunch!

   - </3

Harry and Violet thought it was the waitress that gave them the note and thought it was nice of her. Maybe she felt guilty about the undercooked meal.

But what they didn’t see, was the small broken heart on the bottom left hand corner. It was being covered by Harry’s thumb.

DUN DUN DUN. Hope you liked the first chapterr! If you liked what you read, please show us support by giving us a vote :)