05 | Starling City Bank

Present Day:

Phil Mortson jumped to his feet from behind his desk, hands planted on the wooden top. His face turned as red as the coffee mug on his desk near the computer. "Who the hell are you?" He shouted when he saw me jump through the opened window in his office.

I stood tall in front of the window, holding my black bow in my right hand. My eyes narrowed at the short, burly sized man. He barely changed from the last time I saw him. The only thing different was the brown hair dye he used to cover the hints of gray that peaked out near his ears. Phil Mortson wore a navy blue suit with a diagonal striped tie, a classic look for him when he was working at his office at the bank.

"Scream as loud as you want." I took a few antagonizing steps into his office, eyes glued on his body, prepared if he tried to escape. "No one's coming for you, Phil Mortson.

His face fell and paled as the words left my mouth. He began to stutter over incoherent words, immediately knowing why I was dressed in black head to toe in the center of his office. He had no idea who I was under the cowl hood and mask that covered everything but my eyes. There was no chance mistaking the straight fear scratched out on his face.

"I'm-- I'll call s-security if you don't leave." Phil's threatens held no authority. His voice quaked as he spoke, too consumed with terror to come across as intimidating, like he hoped he would had.

I smirked underneath the mask. His hand darted out for the phone on his desk. Before his fingers could latch around the device, I reached over my shoulder to grab an arrow from the quiver bounded to my back, drawing it back and releasing it within a couple seconds. The man howled with pain once the arrow embedded in the center of his hand.

The bloody hand was held to his chest while he backed away from the desk to gain more distance between us. My hazelnut eyes narrowed on him before I strode forward.

"What- What do you want from me?" Phil stumbled backwards over his feet. Blood dripped down from the wound in his hand and splattered on the gray carpeting. "Do you want money?"

"You know exactly what I want." My voice was disguised by a voice modulator. The same one I used every time I dressed in this outfit and chased down the slimy men of Starling City. I grabbed another arrow and shot the wall near his head, preventing him from walking further away from me. "You know exactly who I am, don't you?"

He flinched away from the wall. Shakily, he met my intimidating gaze and uttered the words, "They call you Code Black. You've been taking down criminals in Starling City." The arrow stuck through his hand and he grabbed the spine of it in his other hand. He yelled out when he tried to yank it out. "Well, you've got the wrong guy. I'm not a criminal."

His words sent a trail of anger through my body. In a blink of an eye, I delivered another arrow to his left thigh. A creamed filled the room. He bent over from the agonizing pain coursing through his body. My chest rose and fell rapidly from a mix of adrenaline and fury.

The man that barely stood in front of me claimed he wasn't a criminal. What did he think the women he got through the Warehouse made him into beside a disgusting slimeball? I snatched a pen up from his desk, prepared for what I was about to do.

"Does your wife know about your monthly visits? When you tell her you're going on a business trip and actually have young girls be transported to your crappy motels?" I advanced toward him, voice growing louder as I grew closer to him on the ground against the wall. I kicked him in the chest when he attempted to crawl away. "I know about your secret hobby and it's time someone put an end to you."

"No, no! Please!" Phil cried out.

I twirled the pen between my fingers. I jammed the end of the pen into the side of his neck. Phil's hands flew up to his neck, choking on his own blood. Paying no attention as he gasped for his last breaths, I yanked the arrows out of his hand, thigh, and the wall.