Two

"Hi I'm Ashton, Ashton Irwin" he stammered, " I'm here for Julie Simmons" he looked down at his feet.

"Oh, yes come with me sweetie" the woman at the front desk replied. "And who is this?" she nodded her head towards me.

"Oh, I'm Haley, Julie's best friend" I answered quickly.

"Okay, you two follow me" She began to walk down the long hallway. Ashton and I looked at each other unsure of what was to come.

We stopped in front of a room that read "204 Simmons, Juile".

"She was hit by an on coming car at in intersection. The driver of the other vehicle was found to be drunk, he came out with a broken rib and minor concussion.

"And Julie...?" Ashton asked timidly.

"I'm very sorry, but she did not make it out of the accident" the woman put her hand on my shoulder. Ashton placed his forehead in his hands and sat down. He slowly dragged this hands down his face, revealing his red and crying eyes.

I felt like I was going to throw up, or pass out. My best friend in the entire world was dead. Gone. Forever. I had lost the person I trusted most in this world and Ashton lost the person he loved most.

"You can go in and say your goodbyes" the nurse offered after a moment of silence.

I put my hand out for Ashton to take and after a moment of him staring blankly at my hand, he took it. I rested my hand on the handle, unsure if I should open the door. I somehow found enough courage to open the door and step inside, leading Ashton in aswell. We stood there for a moment, just staring at Julie's dead body. She had a huge gash running across her forehead. This was all too much, I had to look away.

Ashton bravely released my hand and started towards Julie's body.

"Julie, I will always love you" Ashton started to speak, "I will never forget about you. I will never love anyone as much as I love you" his voice began to sound shakey. "I love you, I will never stop loving you" he placed a small kiss on her hand and turned away.

"Fuck! Why did this have to happen! Some drunk asshole hits my girlfriend's car and comes out with small injuries, but kills my girlfriend!" Ashton paced across the hospital room.

"Ashton, it's -" I tried to comfort him as tears rolled down my face.

"No! I want to know who he is! I.. I want to... I want to kill him!" Ashton yelled as I pulled him in for a hug. Our heads rested on each others' shoulders as we both let loud sobs escape from our lips.

"Come on, Julie's parents should be here soon" Ashton motioned towards the door.

"Okay, you go see them. I have to say my goodbyes now" I sniffed.

Ashton nodded and left the room, leaving Julie's body and I all alone. I stepped towards the bed she was laying in. Her skin was pale and her lips dry and not full of life and color as they always were. I placed my hand on her arm and quickly recoiled from her cold skin. I placed my hand over my mouth, muffling my sobs.

"Goodbye" I finally muttered.

AN: OMG yeah Julie died. Ashton and Haley may not seem very sad right now , but trust me, they will. So please comment what you think and leave any suggestions if you have any! Sorry that was so short. I just needed to get it out of the way in the second chapter!