Chapter 2

It was two days after Logan had started as a Chemistry teaching assistant. I had seen him around school, in the canteen and in the halls, but today was the first time I would have a lesson with him since the day he joined.

I walked into the classroom. I was late, and got a frown from the teacher. Everyone else was already sat in their assigned seats. She scowled and pointed at a seat right at the back. I sighed and made my way over. The teacher cleared her throat and began. It was going to be a long lesson. I slipped my headphones into my ears and closed my eyes.

I was just drifting off to sleep when I felt a hand on my elbow. I sat up, confused and shocked. I pulled out my ear buds and slowly turned around, expecting the angry face of my teacher. Instead, I saw a cheeky little smile and bright blue eyes. It was Logan. 'Hey, just thought I should tell you that your music is uh, quite loud' he whispered, chuckling softly. I felt my cheeks redden and I stumbled over my words 'oh ah ok I'll just ok um right' He gave me a weird look. 'Oh shit, I've embarrassed myself' I thought. I eventually managed a small 'thank you' and turned back to the board. 'No worries' He winked at me and laughed softly again. 'Hey, what's your name?' I nervously turned back to him, unable to hide the smile on my face. 'Emma. My name's Emma.'

I talked to Logan all the time from then on. My lessons consisted of no work. He was funny and cute but I could also tell he had a serious side. Whenever he saw me in the hallways he would wave and smile. I couldn't get over how cute he was. However, he made no attempt to see me other than in chemistry. He didn't ask for my number, or anything, and whenever I asked him about anything outside of school he would look uncomfortable and quickly change the subject. I didn't really expect him to open up to me or declare his love for me, but I had hoped that maybe he would have wanted to be more than just a student and a kind of teacher.

Anyway, I could just make the most of being with this great guy when I could. I had chemistry next lesson, anyway. It sounds stupid, but I was really looking forward to seeing him. I sat down in my usual place, and a few minutes later he came over and sat in the seat opposite. I glanced at him, but he was staring intently at the board. I sighed inwardly, and began to drift into a daydream. I was older, married to logan, and we had just bought a house together. He was so sweet, carrying me over the doorstep... A movement distracted me from my beautiful dream. It was logan. He was writing, with a thoughtful look on his face. He folded the price of paper and bit his lip nervously. He was so sexy. I realised I had been staring at him, and quickly shifted my gaze to the front of the class. Surprisingly, I felt a nudge on my shoulder. Turning, I noticed it was Logan. His cheeks were pink, and he looked at me, worriedly expectant. I opened the paper, feeling his eyes on me. Inside was a neat message.

'Hey, I'm such a wimp for writing a note, but can I have your number?x'

I was so happy, but I kept calm. I couldn't help but smile, and once Logan saw my reaction, he grinned too. 'Yes, of course.' I quickly scribbled my number, just as the bell rang. 'Well, I'll see you around.' He winked at me cheekily, and walked away.