"Yeah, but I wanna say goodbye to Kate before we leave," I sighed turning around so that my chest was against his.

"Alright then. Let's go," he moved his arms down to my hands and pulled me back into the hospital.

We made our way back upstairs and inside Kate's room. Susan and Jared were still there. The room became silent when we walked in. Lip looked like he was about to explode.

"Kate, Carl and I are gonna go home," I said as I made my way to her bed to give her a hug. She let out a sigh and sat up. I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed. Then, I pulled away to look at my biological parents. "I think you both should leave, too. Kate needs her rest. Go home," I said, as I grabbed my jacket and Carl's hand, and stormed out of the room.

•••

Once we got home I plopped down on the couch and let out a long groan. I'm so glad to be out of that hospital.

"Would you call me crazy if I said I can't wait to go to school tomorrow," I asked Carl, lifting my head up to see him turning on the TV.

"Yes I would," he joked, lifting my legs up, sitting down next to me and then setting my legs back down on his lap.

"I just can't take the family drama right now," I ran my hands through my hair.

"Believe me, it's never gonna stop," he sighed, rubbing up and down my leg.

"Yeah, I know," I closed my eyes and thought for a minute. It would be so nice to just get awat for awhile. "Hey," I shot up, making Carl jump. "I have the best idea!"

"Does it include getting in trouble," he asked me, a little worried of what I'm about to say.

"I don't think so. How about we go stay at a hotel all next week," I suggested.

"Like, a 7 day week," he asked, confused.

"Yeah, we get we week off of school because of budget cuts, remember? That'll be the perfect time for a get away! Don't you think," I asked, running a hand through his locks.

"Oh, uh, I don't know," he said, unsure of the idea.

"Well, why not," my smile slightly fell.

"I don't know. What would we do in a hotel for 7 days," he asked.

"I don't know, we'll figure something out. We always do," I told him.

"Well what if something happens here while we're gone? I mean, your sister just had a baby? She might need your help for awhile," Carl said.

"Wait, hold on, do you not want to go? Is that why your suggesting all of these possibilities? Do you not want to spend time with me," I asked him in disbelief. He didn't answer, he just stayed quiet. I removed myself from off his lap.

"Miya, wait," he tried to say, but I already made my way to the staircase.

"I'm gonna go get a shower. You should go home since you obviously don't want to spend time with me."

"Miya, that's no-"

"You know, you talk a lot of game, but when it comes actually making an effort in this relationship, you don't. Jesus, you've never even took me on a real date before."

"Well, I'm sorry. I can't exactly make dinner reservations at a five star fucking restaurant," he snapped.

"I never asked you to fucking take me to a five star restaurant! Just take me somewhere other than a party where I get don't get cheated on or raped!"

"Neither of those were my fault-" he stopped what he was saying because he knew he messed up. I felt tears form in my eyes for the second time today and I ran up the stairs. "Miya, hold on," he began to follow me and he grabbed a hold of my arm, but I pulled back.

"Go home, Carl," I yelled, pushing him away. I let few tears fall and began to walk away again, but this time he grabbed both of my arms. "Carl, fucking go home!"

"You are my home," he yelled back, turning me around to face him. "Miya, your my home. That's why I'm always with you, always." I took in every word he said. I'm his 'home'? What does he mean?

"What," I asked.

"You're my home. A home is a place where I feel free, loved, and never alone. A place where I can be free. That's what I feel when I'm with you. It's not that I don't want to spend time with you, because I do. I really do."

"Then why don't you want to go?"

"Because, like I said, there's a lot going on right now. But, if you really want to go, we can go."

"Really? Do you really want to go or are you just trying to spoil me?"

"Eh, both. But, only because I love you." A smile formed on my face as I jumped up and wrapped my arms around him.

"Thank you! I love you, too," I said, giving him a quick kiss. "Sorry I was so dramatic, by the way."

"That's alright, I understand. It's been a long day. Now, go take your shower. I'll be downstairs."

-

a/n: lmao what even was this chapter? idk i was bored and this is what i came up with😂😂