Reiner offered a quick solution, "We can ditch someone. I've never been fond of Ymir. We can leave her behind and take Grandma."

"R-Reiner no!" Bertholdt exclaimed, surprised. "We can't do that!"

"We can. You just won't. Besides, like anyone would miss Ymir."

"T-There's Krista."

The blond rolled his eyes, "What about Krista? I'll be there, who else does she need?"

"W-Well, aren't she and Ymir...um...dating?"

"Why would you say such a thing?!" Reiner exclaimed, putting his hand to his chest in a shocked manner. 

"I mean it's true!" The beanpole exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air anxiously."W-We joined in on their date a month ago, r-remember!?"

Reiner continued to defend his obliviousness, "They were just gals being pals then though!"

"N-No, I'm pretty sure Krista said they were on a date."

The brawny male shook his head. "She didn't say it to me."

"That's because you-"

Suddenly, a ringing noise interrupted the conversation. Bertholdt looked down at his pocket and pulled out his phone. "H-Hold on." He accepted the call, holding the phone to his ear. "Hello?"

"Bertholdt, where are you guys?"

"A-Annie?"

"You and Reiner were supposed to pick me up ten minutes ago!"

His eyes widened. "O-Oh my gosh! Annie, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry! We'll be there soon!"

"You better."

Before Bertholdt could say anything else, Annie had hung up. He placed the phone back in his pocket, a horrified expression on his face. His head slowly turned to Reiner, then looked forward. "We forgot Annie."

"Okay, Captain can go." Reiner concluded, a satisfied smile lacing his lips.

"Alright that's-wait what? N-No! We need to get Annie!"

Reiner scoffed, "We don't need to-"

"W-We do because I'm going to-" Bertholdt stopped mid-sentence, a faint blush appearing on his cheeks. "...you know what, never mind. J-Just...Let's go drop off the dog at your house and then go get Annie."

Reiner threw the car into drive almost as if he were throwing a tantrum, "Fine! Just separate me from the love of my life. You wouldn't separate Mikasa and Eren."

"A-Actually, we could...but um...it would be kind of hard to do.." The taller male mumbled quietly.

Reiner began to make arguments for his dog, "The Captain has never been to Disney World either!"

"Neither have I or Annie!" Bertholdt snapped suddenly. Just after he shouted, he was quiet. He was surprised at himself. He had just yelled at his best friend. Sweat poured down his face as the silence engulfed the car. The poor boy glanced down slightly, biting his bottom lip for a few seconds. "I-I'm sorry Reiner, I really am. I...um...didn't mean to yell at you..." He looked back up at his friend. "I-I just don't want to see you get in trouble..."

Reiner angrily mumbled something under his breath as he drove.

Bertholdt's features fell as he watched Reiner. The boy sighed silently as he turned to look out the window as they drove. He really did feel sorry. Deep down, he wanted to take Captain Axel with them too. Yet, he had to think about it logically. What person would fall for Reiner's little trick? No one in their right mind would think a dog was a human if it dressed as one. Bertholdt felt bad for his best friend most of all. All he wanted was for his dog to enjoy the trip too. Yet, sadly it couldn't really be done. The boy glanced over his shoulder at the Saint Bernard, more guilt filling his soul. "I'm sorry boy." He whispered.