Happy Endings

One evening, I went out on a walk to see what was new in the neighborhood. It was a quiet night. The sight of dim headlights would pass every once in a while. Moths were spotted fluttering around or the sharp tingle from a mosquito was felt.  

Peacefully walking down the street was a great way to calm down. Then boom, it hit me. The bright flashing lights, the sounds of sirens and tense air. Flying around the corner cam an ambulance, followed by two fire trucks and a police car. They tore into my driveway and ran inside.

I was curious, confused and frightened. Who was injured? Mom or Dad? I glided through the air as fast as possible and slid through the door. There in front of my eyes lay my beautiful mother. Resting so calmly. Eyes shut, body limp. No heartbeat to be found.

I knew I had to do something but I didn't know what. I pushed through the air as quickly as possible trying to get to my grandma. When I reached the house, I busted in through the door feeling more terrified than ever.

"Grandma, mom died" I whimpered. Tears rolling down my face.

"What!" she replied with a concerning tone.

"I was on a walk and ambulance came and took her away to the hospital" I said

"Let's Go!" Grandma shouted.

Grandma and I quickly floated through the air until we arrived at the hospital. There lay mom on the bed in Emergency. There sat dad on a chair, tears streaming down his face. As I surveyed the seen, Grandma hugged me tight. Through the corner of my eye I saw a grey figure appear. This particular figure came and hugged us too. Three generations were all reunited again.