The Surprise

I missed my family dearly. I didn't like that I had no one to socialize with. I was isolated. Until one day it all changed. It took me by surprise, so unexpected. I could have never seen this coming.      

"Erica" I heard a lady say my name, a shaky voice I could never forget. I turned around so quickly and ran into the arms of my great-grandma. It was so refreshing to feel a hug, a kiss, the presence of someone else. It had been seven years since she passed. I now got the gift of being able to have her back in my life. Maybe the story about the lemonade is true. It has much more meaning than we think. The simplest things in life end up being the most magical.

My grandma and I have spent more time together in a week than I we did in the 7 years before she passed away. We did all the things grandmas and granddaughters do. Read books, watch movies and stay up late together.

We technically didn't have anywhere to live so we would sneak into empty hotel rooms or even sneak into my house. As bad as it sounds, stealing food from people was absolutely hilarious. One day grandma and I went into a restaurant and when the guy went to the bathroom we stole all of his calamari. He came back and thought that the waiter had taken his plate away so, he just paid and left. I guess you could consider that stealing but we paid the tip.

Hanging out with grandma was just so much fun. It was never mattered if it was snowing, or raining or too hot because everything would be an adventure. One of grandma and I's favourite activity's to do was to sneak into the zoo. We were technically invisible so with caution we could go into the animal's cages and seeing them up close. The animals didn't realize that we were there so we got to go swimming with the Polar Bears or actually pet the Tigers.

I now couldn't picture myself being alive anymore. I would be living with my parents, having another fun day on the beach and never being able to see Grandma again. That was such an unrealistic thought. I didn't go to school as often as I should have but, sometimes I would drop into the odd Math or English class. I knew the basics and that is all that was really important.

The part that I defiantly missed the most was being on track. I used to be able to run marathons and I was killer at laps. It was a little hard to run because when you are a ghost you just float around places. I remember racing my friends in the field to see who could sprint the fastest. It just wasn't the same but, new thig s were a part of my life. Bigger and Better things