The Incident

I wake up, get dressed and brush teeth after eating my morning sandwich. I say goodbye to my mom as I leave the house. Today was our big business fair, and also the best place to have a school shooting. I kinda knew before it happened because I was in the library the day before and I saw Dean, the shooter, looking at gun videos, and how to work a pistol. I walked up behind him to ask what he was doing,  but I thought it was better to mind my own business.

So I walked away without saying anything. Then the next day, it all came to me. Why he was watching those videos. And I was stupid not to report him. I could've stopped this. I... could've avoided all those deaths and people who lost body parts because of this. But it's too late now.

I entered Biology and sat down. Mr Philips walks in and starts the lesson. Then class ended and we were heading to the Gymnasium for the fair. I was looking at one of the stands and I heard a huge bang. I saw people running out of the gym, screaming and yelling. I was in so much shock, I couldn't move my legs. Then I turned around to see my History teacher running at me and screaming "Get out of here!"

I quickly managed to move my body and I sprinted out of there. I followed everyone else to our Math classroom and we all hid in there. We were hoping the shooter didn't see us come in here. Luckily one of the students had the classroom door key, and locked it. I thought that was a bad idea because of the shooter tried to open the door, he would know that it would only be locked if there were people in it.

I was shaking a lot. One of my friends asked if I was okay, and I nodded. We all were in awe. We couldn't believe this. Until a second bang went off. I knew something wasn't right.