I Made A Terrible Mistake (FINALE)

Malcolm spent so long looking, but arrived at the place he knew so well, the sewers. The gigantic entrance by the shoreline where he, Reese and Francis once went. Reese was crying and Malcolm ran up and hugged him and profusely apologized. Malcolm was hysterical, both because Reese would be leaving tomorrow and because he felt horrible. And Reese said "here" and he handed Malcolm one half of a broken heart, the inscription read 'Half of my heart is deployed'. Malcolm felt his heart crumble, but Reese smiled and said "I'm not mad, I love you, and I know this'll be hard for you, but everything will be alright". Malcolm asked "how can you say that?!  What if one day I get told you're dead? How can I live without you? Goddamn it Reese I need you! You have no clue how hard this'll be! I... I can't lose you Reese, please". Reese smiled and kissed Malcolm. "Malc, let's have the best night, let's forget that tomorrow will even come, I'll give you the best night ever, all the memories will always last, until I'm back to make some new ones, so let's live like it's the last night of our lives, let's be free Malc, let's be free".

9:00 In the morning, the next day

Malcolm walked in, dried tears on his cheek, and he saw Dewey, no doubt worried, he held the half heart up and slowly said "I-I failed... I failed Dewey... Now he's gone". Dewey beckoned Malcolm to tell him, knowing he needed a release, and Malcolm collapsed into Deweys awaiting arms. And he told Dewey about that night

"Dewey... That night... That night made me forget everything, that we only had 12 hours left, that, that I don't know what comes next, that I can't live without him. We had a blast, he took me around the entire city, and I never got tired, I just hoped we would lose track of time, but we didn't. Reese dragged me to a carnival, and we did so much but at around 6 hours left... We went on the Farris Wheel. I saw the sunset Dewey, and I-I didn't know what I was going to do, It dawned on me that... I may never get to see one of those ever again with Reese. I cried in his arms, I was sobbing, and he rubbed the back of my neck, and stroked my cheeks. And as soon as we got within 3 feet from the ride it happened again, and Reese just held me, he kissed me right then and there. He wasn't ashamed of it, as soon as I was done bawling he took me to his spot, and all the memories came back. And I came to the sudden realization that... That I might not get anymore, that we were kids when our best memories happened, that I missed being held in his arms when I had nightmares. I remembered always wanting to grow up... But all I wanted was to make a bridge across the oceans of time and go back. I cried for the third time, and he never told me to shut up, he never sighed out of annoyance, he just kissed me and wiped away my tears and stroked my cheeks. I was so tired and exhausted, I must have fallen asleep in his arms, and when I woke up... He was gone, he was really fucking gone, and I was alone". Malcolm handed him a tear stained note, the tears seemed fresh and a but faded implying both boys had cried on it. Dewey saw what it said.

'Malcolm... I'm so sorry for having to leave you, I love you so much, but I am doing what I need to do, and I know you understand that. I love you so much it hurts to think about what I am doing, but it's for the greater good, this is all I can do. I hope I make you proud, and I will NEVER forget you, I hope you won't be mad, and I hope you won't cry over me, I hope you'll just KNOW that I am where I need to be, I'll see you again, some day. Love, Reese.' 

And Dewey knew so much, and he saw Malcolm bawling his eyes out, and he started to cry too, he felt the pain Malcolm had experienced that night. And Dewey just held Malcolm, and Malcolm cried, until he fell asleep and Dewey was torn, his brain not sending the commands to move, he couldn't he was torn to Malcolms side. And Dewey fell asleep right next to Malcolm.

END