Yearning for Freedom .::Part 1::.

Two hundred years had passed since that tragic day, and you were maturing into a beautiful elleth. Your skin was as pale as the snow. Your dark brown eyes matched your beautiful long hair. Elrond had taken you in as his own and raised you along Arwen. And although he tended to be very overprotective of you both, he couldn't control the warrior spirit that coursed through your veins.

*Damn it !* You cursed as you missed your target. Having picked up an interest in archery you had been thrilled to master it. Lord Elrond however, wasn't too thrilled about it. Closing one eye, aiming at target. Minimizing your breathing, you steadied your bow. You pulled back the bow string back aiming the arrow once more. Letting go, you smiled as this time your shot had been closer to the target. "You know father will not take kindly to you wondering at the borders of our land." Arwen said, her voice was as sweet as it was delicate. "If only he would understand.. I yearn for freedom. I'm not cut out for the life of a princess for that is not who I am." You sighed. Arwen was right. "Lets go Dove, before he notices we're both gone." She smiled at you as she too yearned to something father had opposed.

>>After arriving back in the safety of Rivendell, Arwen seemed agitated. She left leaving you confused as to why she left in a hurry. *Father must know what is going on.* You thought as you headed towards his study. You carefully walked in as to not disturb him and found him in deep thought. "Father?" You ask as you sit down hoping he knew the reason you came to him. "What is going on? Where is Arwen and why are you so distraught?" You asked not once taking your eyes off him. "The One Ring has been found. You must remain here in the safety of our stronghold." His voice was concerning, something you hadn't heard before. He left you there as he started to walk away. "I can help.. I can help defend Rivendell father. If you wou--" Elrond didn't even let you finish before stopping you. "Sauron will stop at nothing to obtain the One Ring. Nobody is safe. I will not allow my kin to be in danger's path. From now on, you must remain inside the Palace." Turning around, you ran out of his study into your chambers. 

>>You stood out in the balcony. It must have been hours as you finally see Arwen riding in, cluthing what appears to be a small child. You rush as you meet her down wondering who it could be. "Hurry, he needs our help." She was out of breath. Nodding you help her carry the child into the infirmary, only it wasn't a child. *What is he?* you wonder as you examine his features. He was frail, no taller than a child. He had thick, curly brown hair and his skin was pale, no doubt due to his current situation. The door opened and Elrond walked in. "He was stabbed by a morgul blade." Arwen said to him as he walked near the being. Arwen grabbed your hand as you both left Elrond to try and heal the mysterious being. 

"What was he?" You ask her as you see her deep in thought. "A hobbit." Someone responded. Someone who's voice you recognized right away. "Gandalf!" you joyfully scream as you embrace him. You were fond of the old wizard. His tales of his journeys captured your attention. He was the reason why you wanted to explore Middle Earth. "You've grown since the last time I saw you. " He says chuckling as you smile. 

>>You walked with Gandalf as he continued to amaze you with the outside world and you confided your love archery. "You musn't be so careless. Middle Earth is not as safe as it used to be." He reprimands you as you told him of your ventures outside the borders of Rivendell. "Why are you here Gandalf?" You ask as you wonder the reason of his sudden visit. "That reminds me I must speak with Elrond. Stay safe Duvainiel." With that said he walked off leaving you to wonder if the finding of the One Ring was connected to Gandalf's visit. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gandalf walked into the Elven lord's study finding an exhausted Elrond. "The young hobbit will live. I was able to remove the fragment of the morgul blade that laid near his heart." Elrond said as Gandalf sat in front of him. "We will arrange a council to decide the best way possible to rid the world of the One Ring. We must summon man, elf, and dwarf. For the fate of Middle Earth is at the brink of eternal darkness."