~*Never Thought I Needed You*~ (Legolas)

She stood there awaiting the return of the only elf that really mattered. Her brown eyes shone brightly as they came into view, the elven army led by their majestic lord. The small elleth raced at an unearthly speed, a smile on her face as she had long awaited this moment. She ran through them as her brown eyes frantically scanned for his face but she could not find him. Surely he couldn't break his promise, surely he was finally back she thought. Lord Elrond descended from his horse to meet the young elleth, a look of guilt on his face. With no sign of her father she finally looked into his eyes. The sudden realization of her greatest fear entered her small body as her head shook in denial. Her eyes built up with tears as she closed them as tight as she could to prevent her tears from falling.

"Amin hiraetha Duvainiel ..." he whispered as knelt down and embraced her. Her teeth gritted as tears escaped her eyes. He held her close as she buried her face in his chest as she sobbed uncontrollably. Everyone stared in silence as their lord comforted the small elleth.

*Amin hiraetha - I am sorry.

* Duvainiel* means daughter of beautiful darkness.