Chapter Seven: The Prophecy

Start from the beginning

Starr and Morgandy turned towards each other. Starr nodded towards Morgandy and they both turned and faced the girls.

"Okay, so we've both have had a weird feeling for a while. Things have changed within the past six months, especially with regards to Ophelia. She's much more powerful than she was the beginning of your fifth year and there's a dark vibe coming off you. We're not saying you're going to fall down and follow a dark path but you may be revolved around someone else's."

"Are you saying this next year is going to be bad?" Ophelia asked.

The two girls looked at each other again.

"Um, I don't know how to explain this clear enough for you Lia, but yes, your year will be bad and it involves Tom Riddle," Starr spoke up, "that's why I tried to get you to sit next to me in Charms earlier on, but it's started now and we can only do so much to prevent the problem."

The nine girls sat in shock. Ophelia just gulped, she didn't think Tom would be a big part of her life before.

Morgandy lit some candles and the girls gathered in a circle around a small table in the centre of the room.

"I've seen your future Lia, it's not good. And I hate to say it, I can't change it. I can only guide you!" Starr reached out to her friend and held onto her hand to comfort her.

Ophelia nodded her head, "as long as I have you lot, I'll be okay."

Morgandy waved her hand over the candles surrounding Starr and the crystal ball, lighting the wicks with wandless magic. She held her finger up to her lips signalling to the girls to keep quiet so Starr could focus.

Starr sat with her legs crossed, crystal ball balanced on a stand with her hands placed on top. Shortly afterwards Starr was completely focused, her eyes fogged and turn grey with the pupil completely disappeared.

Black mist soon began to flow into the crystal ball from where Starr's hands lay. The more mist that filled the ball, the higher the flames grew around her.

Nicole and Dove exchanged glances, they were right, it wasn't a normal prophecy, it was longer than any other one they have done before, the five of them became worried that they would drain themselves too much.

Their worries became almost too true as blood began to drip from Starr's nose at a viciously fast paste. Nicole shook her head and placed down her now, nearly empty plate of food that had only a few remaining chicken strips. Before she could even stop the prophecy from draining Starr completely, Dove pulled her back. Nicole gave Dove a deadly glare whilst Dove just shook her head back.

"Let her finish, look it's nearly full," Dove whispered to Nicole. Nicole's head turned to the black-misty crystal ball, Dove was right it was nearly over. She turned back to Dove and nodded her head.

After another intense five minutes, Starr came out of her trance and stared at each other Morgandy, the mixture of worry and fear written across both of their faces were terrifying to their friends.

Ophelia's body posture completely dropped, her once straight back and highly held head was now slumped and hanging over her shoulders. She knew what Starr saw was not good, she knew that her upcoming future involving Tom was going to be dark, and she knew that there was no hope for her and Emory.

"I didn't see much of the end but I saw everything up until the end of your seventh year. Something happened and I don't know the outcome," Starr whispered and reached out for Ophelia.

Ophelia looked up at Starr and the two connected their hands. The whole room was quieter than usual.

The girls sat in silence until the bell went. They all got up and began to put everything away, Starr grabbed the crystal ball filled with Ophelia's prophecy which was once black and misty but now was emitting a glowing blue light.

She walked over to where she put the other prophecy's that they had made, instead of placing it on the shelf with the overs she opened a small trap door underneath a box of candles, she gently placed the crystal ball in there and covered it with a black-silky cloth. She closed the trap door and covered it with the box of candles again.

"I've hidden your prophecy, I don't want you seeing it, Morgandy and I can help and guide you up to a certain point, but from then, you're sort of on your own," Starr whispered to Ophelia.

"Why can't you tell me?" Ophelia asked. "What was in that prophecy?"

"Not now, Ophelia. Hurry we cannot be late for Professor Dumbledore." Starr calmly said back.

Ophelia walked towards the exit with Elowen, Twyla whilst Raine, Iakona, Dove and Nicole was already up in front. Raine and Iakona gave Ophelia a comforting smile when they looked back and Ophelia attempted to give them a reassuring smile in return.

Starr and Morgandy soon followed holding hands, Morgandy brought their hands up to her mouth and kissed Starr's hand to reassure her that everything will be okay.

But they both knew nothing was going to be alright, little did Ophelia and the rest of the girls know that the prophecy was dark and twisted, Ophelia's final years at Hogwarts was troublesome, a dark path full of death and destruction, the beginning of it all will begin the week before the Halloween Ball.