☆★ Tryst of War ★☆

I found myself in a mystifying and dangerous situation. I could hear the sound of a plane and as I looked up towards the sky, I could see it wavering dangerously and wanting to land urgently. Suddenly something banged against my head and I fell down.

When I regained consciousness, I found myself looking directly into the barrel of a gun. As I raised my eyes upwards to glance at the owner of the gun, I found myself shivering with fright - dark and fierce eyes eyes were looking at me menacingly.

I wondered whether I was in enemy territory and being held hostage. I also wondered what information they would try to extract from me about my country. There and then, I made a resolve not to give in to their tactics, no matter what torture that inflicted upon me.

With the beats of my heart pounding loudly and erratically, I stood up and raised my hands in surrender.

There was the sound of explosions rendering the air and I wondered what was in store for me. How I landed in such a situation, was beyond my comprehension.

I became alert, should an opportunity of escape present itself, I would take it. At least I would do my level best in trying to escape. It would either give me my freedom or even if I was caught, at least I would have tried.

An express train arrived speeding on the tracks nearby. I wondered how many prisoners of war were being bound and gaged and taken to some god forsaken place.

There were questions crowding my mind by the dozen but no answers came my way. I wanted desperately to search for and help the prisoners and other hostages like me but dare not move from my position. The gun was still held at my temples. The suspense was as frightening ad it was chilling.

The enemy was not know and I did not know what will happen next. A war vehicle came screeching to a halt within inches off me. I wondered, would my numerous questions be answered or would they be greeted by silence or worst still, will I be silenced?

Suddenly, loud voices screamed....

(To be continued...........)