Chapter 5

Before weekend

Night before leaving the mansion, I waited til Ms.Kyoko had gone to bed before slipping out from under bedsheet, slipping on a sweater and tip toed downstairs, exiting through a kitchen door outside: switching on a flashlight , I followed the garden path, cold from stone seeping into my bones of my bare feet to the villa.

Flashback

A loose stone in the villa was located as a young Miko stepped into the shade, a younger Yuki following close behind like a puppy.
'What's this,Oneechan?'
'Dunno, mama said to leave it alone.' Miko answers acting like a big sister. 'Eh.' Young Yuki had a tiny voice of innocent curiousity

End of flashback.

[Fact: Oneechan is a japanese word for 'Big sister', and interpreted other words are Neesan, Oneesan etc. But I liked the  soft feel of the nickname, Oneechan. The younger  girls are so  Kawaii ! :) ]

I knelt prying the stone aside, in the hole was a worn faded dark blue jewellery box that'd seen better days.

"Gotcha~"  pulling it out, fit right in the palm of my hand, then I quietly snuck back inside.
...............                         .........                              .........................

Next morning Yuki's POV

The taxi pulled up on the side of the road outside a modern apartment block, two passengers got out to receive their luggage from the boot : the older passenger paid the driver before he drove away off .

Waiting outside the office was a real estate agent in a business suit, who shook hands with Ms.Kyoko. "Oh hiyo, you must Ms.Kyoko, it is a pleasure to see you. "Likewise, we spoke over the phone about the apartment. "

I had stumbled upon a problem, by Ms.Kyoko staying ,this may affect my search for the saboteur, taking longer to find anything...
I'm grateful to have a great legal guardian like Ms.Kyoko she's done so much during my absence and helped out the past few days but...

I had a feeling eventually I will need to make a choice in regards to Ms.Kyoko. but not yet, I need to view all my  options, and go along with this for the mean time.

I silently listen, taking in our surroundings, it was close to the night school, Ryoutei Academy and not far from the shopping district, all within walking distance.

There's a park nearby we passed on the way here. I wonder  if I could go there sometime for runs, to build up stamina and get body back in shape.  It might be nice to walk during the daytime...
I couldn't help but think of four half-blood vampires, unlike the other two families the Mukamis had been turned, and could walk in the sunlight.

I shook my head. Why was I thinking about them?!

"and this must be the young lady in your care."  The agent held out a hand I gingerly shook hands with a faint smile,saying something polite "nice to meet you, sir."

The man chuckled before clearing his throat.
"Oh yes, if you two would come this way I'll show you to the apartment."

Passing an office of the complex, we were walking up the one flight of steps to the second floor was  a struggle with the suitcases but luckily nothing fell out and they soon arrive at the door of apartment  12, the man opened the door.

"After you."

They enter.

White walls, polished wooden floorboards,  open space for both kitchnette and dining with a smaller living room on the side,on her right was  a small broom closet.
Further inside must be the one bathroom and two bedrooms, Ms.Kyoko mentioned earlier this morning. This place looks like something out of a magazine.