Chapter 78

I sat numbly in the chair of the hospital. 

Bailey is dead.

How could my little girl be dead?

"Olivia?" A voice questioned, and it seemed like it was so far away. I looked up and saw Fin standing there, and I blinked a few times before nodding.

"Baby girl, wanna go home?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"B-bailey is dead." I whimpered, and he sat down next to me.

"I know. I'm sorry." He spoke, and I swallowed hard.

"My little girl is dead." I spoke, and he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. Tears ran down my cheeks.

"Shh, Liv. It'll be okay." He spoke, but I shook my head.

It will never be okay. We lost Wyatt, then Bailey. 

Why was God hating us so much right now?

"Fin, I can take over." Elliot whispered, and I looked at my husband. He had a frown set onto features, and then Fin kissed my temple before getting up and walking away.

Elliot sat down next to me, and I looked at him.

"These people need to get charged with murder." I breathed, and he pushed my hair out of my face and nodded.

"Cragen and Casey are working on it. But we need to get home to our babies." He spoke, and I ran my hands over my cheeks and frowned deeply.

"How are we gonna tell them? James and Kora are so little they won't understand." I frowned, and he shrugged.

"I have no idea what we are gonna do, but we need to get home to them."

~*~

Elliot drove us home, and we waited in the car. We were both crying quietly, and our hearts were in pieces. I knew that the kids were going to take it hard.

Their sister was dead. Some spoiled rotten rich kids beat her up, and the repercussion was her death.

We had called the school to break the news to them, and the teacher that we called, Mrs. Mallory, which was Bailey's teacher broke down and cried on the phone. At least one person wasn't corrupt and was going to miss our daughter there.

We got up enough courage to get inside, and Serena opened the door. She had seen us pull up.

"How is Bailey?" She asked, and I saw Ron come up behind her. I grabbed Elliot's hand and squeezed it tightly.

"She passed away this morning. The stroke and seizure had been too much for her body." I whispered, and she quickly put her hand over her mouth to stifle her sobs. She turned into Ron, and he held her close as tears ran down his own cheeks.

"I'm so sorry, Liv." Ron whispered, and I swallowed hard.

"We need to break this to the kids. Where are they?" I asked, as Elliot rubbed my back quietly.

"In the living room. They are watching a movie before bed." He spoke, and I nodded slowly.

"Come on, El." I spoke, and he nodded. We stood in the background as the kids continued to watch the movie, and I swallowed hard.

"Hey, kids. Can we talk to you?" Elliot spoke, and the kids turned to look at us.

"Mommy, what's happening?" Aubrie asked, and I walked over and Elliot and I sat on the coffee table.

"Bailey was really sick. She. She um. She didn't make it." Elliot spoke, and I watched the kids looked at us with confusion.

"She didn't make what?" Noah asked, and Aubrie knew what had happened. She got up and ran from the room. Everyone looked, and then Alison swallowed hard.

"She died like Wyatt, didn't she?" Alison questioned, and I nodded slowly.

"I'm sorry, loves. She told us all that she loved everyone of us." I breathed, and Alison quickly climbed into my lap. I held her close as she cried, and so did the rest of the kids. 

Well, James was sitting just staring at us. He was too young, and wouldn't remember Bailey, but I was going to try and make sure he would learn about her as he got older. She would want that.

"Sissy isn't coming home?" Kora sobbed, and we shook our heads.

"She's with Wyatt now, sweetie." Elliot breathed, and I swallowed hard. 

Two of our babies are in heaven. Both taken way too soon. Both leaving huge holes in the hearts of all of their loved ones.

~*~

Elliot stayed out with the kids, while I went into the bedroom that Aubrie had escaped too. I walked into the room, and she was laying face down on the bed, her body shaking as sobs tore through her.

I walked over and slowly sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Brie, wanna talk?" I asked quietly.

"I want to die!" She screamed, and I looked at her shocked. She had never spoke like that before.

"Brie, come here." I spoke, and she shook her head. I pulled my daughter into my arms. She hit me, and cried loudly. Eventually she stopped fighting my embrace, and laid her head on my chest as sobs shook her body.

"Mommy, I should've protected her! She's my baby sister! She's supposed to be alive, if only I would've been at school and beat up those jerks that hurt her!" Aubrie cried, and I rubbed her back and swallowed hard.

"Sweetie, we can't blame ourselves. Doing that will hurt ourselves even more. I learned that when having to deal with Wyatt's loss. Baby, she was suffering. She wasn't the same Bailey. She is healthy and happy in heaven. You know that." I breathed, and she clung to me.

"Are you gonna tell Addison?" She breathed, and for the first time in forever, I remembered my old best friend. The one I thought would be around as we raised kids together. Her daughter was dead too, but I don't know if I want to tell her.

"I don't know. But let's not worry about that right now. I just want to make sure you are going to be okay."

"I never will be." She breathed, and I rocked her slowly.

"I never will be either." I admitted.

"Mommy, what if my dream was about Bailey?" She asked.

"Don't think about the dreams."

"I love you, Mommy." She whispered, and I kissed her hair.

"I love you too, Brie. I'll always love you, no matter what happens."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback! :D <3

Also, a big thanks to all of you for getting this book to 10k reads! It has been amazing and I can't wait to see this book, and all of my books grow in the future! <3