Chapter 20: The Return

Start from the beginning

I take a seat beside her and look at the ground, "He's hiding something from me. He never told me for sure but I'm pretty sure it's about his past relationship with Courtney."

She places her hand on my thigh, causing me to look up at her, "You should talk to him. Maybe you're just overreacting. Maybe it's not anything to be worried about."

"But why would he lie to me about not hiding something if it's nothing?" I ask her.

"I don't know but the only way to find out is to talk to him. You guys have been friends for so long. Everyone's been waiting for you two to get together for so many years. I'd hate to see it end so quickly." She tells me.

I nod and she stands up, "I'm going to unpack my things. Go at least think about talking to Ross."

***********************************

After Ross has called three more times and sent about ten more texts, I finally decide to talk to him.

My phones starts ringing with his 15th call of the day and I answer it but I don't speak.

"Laura?" I hear from the other line.

"Laura, are you there?"

After a few moments of silence I whisper, "Yeah."

I hear him let out a sigh of what sounds like relief.

"Laura, I'm so sorry." He says, "I never should've lied to you."

"You lied about hiding something. What are you hiding from me, Ross?" I quietly ask.

I hear him sigh before he responds, "I haven't been honest to you about my relationship with Courtney."

My breath hitches in my throat.

He continues, "Courtney and I didn't get together like you think we did. We didn't break up like you thought we did. Our whole relationship wasn't what you thought it was."

"What do you mean?" I question slowly. Honestly, I'm terrified of what he's going to say next.

He doesn't speak for several minutes. My patience finally runs out.

"Ross! What do you mean?"

I can hear him breathing. I know he's still there.

"I can't tell you this over the phone. I need to tell you in person." He finally says.

Oh man. This must be important if he has to tell me in person. Now I don't know if I want to know anymore.

"Okay." I say quietly.

"You're probably gonna hate me for it." He tells me.

"I could never hate you." I tell him honestly. I don't think I could ever truly hate Ross Shor Lynch.

"You won't be saying that when I tell you what I have to say."

Before I get a chance to respond, he speaks again.

"Would it be okay if I came over right now?"

***********************************

Hey guys!

I keep getting more and more readers, voters, and commenters and I'm loving it! ❤️

This story has over 2k views now!! 🎉

I hope you enjoy this chapter! Give me your feedback! I respond to pretty much every single comment! I see them all!

Chapter 21 coming soon! 💕

I need your guys' opinion. Do you like the old cover or my new cover for this book? Which one do you like best? I can't decide.

Old?

Or New?

Or New?

Published: June 21, 2017