I Remember Too Much

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!!! I finally got this done, and I'm really proud of it. If you just happened to stumble upon this story, I suggest you go read the first book, Battling Two Sides For Victory, because this is the sequel. And I apologize if it's crappy, I was still a Wattpad noob when it was written. 

But anyways, I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My vision blurred. The pain from the blows vanished.

My brother knew better than to interfere. The bruises from the last time he tried to protect me were still tender. His blue eyes looked at me, any trace of the cheerful boy he was gone. Our mother, whom we so sought protection from, beat me mercilessly. She continued rambling on about how I was a disgrace, how I had brought shame upon her. But all I heard was nothing.

Silence.

The blows stopped, but I was too weak, in too much pain to move. I looked over to my brother, and saw him being dragged to his room, kicking, screaming, tears running down his cheeks. I tried to help him, tried to run to him, but the pain was so intense, I only saw white. I lay there, numb to the world. My hearing gradually returned, and I could hear Ukyo's terrified screams coming from upstairs.

I suddenly felt myself lifted off the ground. 'This is it. I'm free...' I thought but instead of seeing pure white, I was greeted with the bright moon, surrounded by stars, covered in a blanket of darkness. Whoever was taking me away, didn't seem to hear Ukyo screaming. "Please...my brother...help him..." I gasped out, my sides burning in pain. 

His gruff voice answered, "I'm sorry. I would if I could, but I can't. Try not to move. The amount of damage she dealt to you is incredible." I tried to move, but felt something pierce through my skin from the inside, and I passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Images flashed through Randi's mind. Were they memories? Were they visions? She couldn't tell. Her eyes shot wide open. "No! Ukyo! Mom please stop, you're hurting him!" she shrieked, and thrashed around her bed. She felt two strong arms hold her firmly. "NO! PLEASE MOM DON'T HIT ME AGAIN! PLEASE!" she cried, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Randi calm down, it's me!" a male voice called to her. She open her eyes, and brown irises met crimson red ones.

"S-Shu? What happened?" she quietly asked. Shu sighed in relief, but looked at her with concern. "You started thrashing around and screaming in your sleep. I was so worried," he said, and hugged her tightly.

Randi wrapped her arms around him as well, and the tears continued to fall. She began sobbing, tears falling from bright brown eyes. Shu stroked her hair. "It's okay. It was only a dream. Ukyo is fine," he reassured her, and wiped her tears away. She looked at him with tear filled eyes. Shu smiled softly. Shu lovingly tucked a strand of silky white hair behind her ear, and whispered,

"No matter what happens, even when your heart doesn't know, I'll be there with you, and I'll never let anything or anyone harm you. I love you with all my heart, Randi Shigotu."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boy paced around the dimly lit room. He turned to a wooden desk, and quickly wrote down a formula. "No, no, no! I thought it would last longer! I must've been a bit short on silver nitrate," he mumbled. A girl leaned casually on the wall behind him, and watched his frantic pacing.

"What are you so worried about? Her memories were bound to return eventually. You said so yourself," she said. He sighed, "Yes, yes, I know what I said, but not this soon! It should've lasted longer! Damn it all, Shu must've somehow have triggered an early recall. The plan-"

"Okay, forget the plan! How much until her memories of you return?" she asked. He turned to his computer and ran some quick calculations. He let out a sigh of frustration, "Her memories of you should hit her the second she sees you. Mine will last a month, tops. We're running out of time!"

The girl smiled wickedly. "It seems we have an albino to take care of," she snarled. The boy turned to a wall full of pictures of Randi.

"Let's pay sister a little visit, shall we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey guys, glad you could make it!"

After approaching the bey stadium after school, Shu and Randi were greeted by the ever enthusiastic Valt. "Alright Valt, what's so important you literally begged us both to get here directly after school?" the albino female asked. Valt face fell.

"That would be us."

A group of aggressive looking kids, two boys and one girl, showed up behind Valt, dragging a kid behind them. Randi immediately tensed. 'Where have I seen her face before?'  she wondered, but instead, she said, "Who are you and what does Valt have to do with you?" The older looking boy smirked. "Your Valt friend here thought he could be a hero, and decided to defend this runt," he said, and shoved the boy at Randi and Shu's feet.

He fell, and Valt ran to him. "Hey buddy, you okay?" he asked, and the boy slowly lifted his face. Shu recoiled at the sight. His face was bruised, and he looked like he had several broken bones. "P-Please, don't let them win..." he gasped out, and fell unconscious. Valt immediately panicked.

"C'mon, he isn't all that important. Now are we gonna battle or not?" said the older boy. "Let do this easily. You send up one person, and we do as well. Whoever wins faces everyone else off, until one team is defeated. We have a deal?"

He held out his hand. Shu stepped forward. "Deal," and they shook hands. "Randi, you're up," Shu said, and Randi stepped forward. The other boy smirked, "Time to burst some beys." 

Before he could step up, the girl slapped him harshly, and shouted, "I give the orders! No one battles until I say so! And I say I will battle this freak! GOT IT!?" Everyone on her side nodded with fear. She pulled out a black colored bey and launcher. Randi did the same.

"You call this a team? You should know better, Ractylon and I will crush you," Randi said. The girl smiled. "Something tells me the odds will be in my favor," the girl says with a wicked smile on her lips.

"And why's that?"

"Because you know me, and I know you."

"What?"

"Say hello to Somber Sacristus!"

Randi's eyes widened. Somber Sacristus. No, it couldn't be. Memories hit her with so much force, she dropped her bey. In her mind, an old memory played itself as if it had happened only yesterday.

Somber Sacristus.

The last time she heard that name, she had lost a friend.

And gained an enemy.

Randi's mouth formed two words. Words that had long since been erased from her memory.

"Solo Fey?"