Confession Song

School was especially boring today. Everything the teacher said was stuff we already knew. Why did we even have class today?

I sighed, looking out the window with a bored expression. Lucky birds. They had wings. They could choose to fly away anytime they want.

"(Y/N)!" the teacher called, snapping me out of my trance. I looked at her with a confused expression. "You have to go. Another teacher needs you for something."

Still confused, I grabbed my stuff and stood. Shyly, I left the classroom being met by my friend Jinyoung.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked him.

"We need you to help us with something in the gym," he explained.

"Okay." I allowed him to drag me, rather quickly to the gym, but it wasn't even that far. When we reached it, he closed the door behind us, leaving us in the dark gym.

Before I could ask what was going on, two little strings of Christmas lights lit up in front of me, making a sort of path. Then, three Christmas trees lit up, one on either side of me, and one at the end of the lit path. A person stood in front of the tree, but I couldn't tell who.

Suddenly, music atarted to play through the gym. I didn't recognize the song, so I just looked around awkwardly until someone grabbed my hand.

"Hundreds of confessions without success," Jackson, the guy holding my hand said. "I feel so unconfident, should I just go back? I say I'll confess for sure, but it's pointless with no actions in the end. Can't keep my head up in front of you."

He let me go as someone else wrapped an arm around me from my other side and walked me forward a little. "I’m in love with you, why are these words so hard? I keep hesitating to say it, over and over again," Jinyoung sang.

Yugyeom grabbed my hand on my other side, both of them holding me as we walked. "Why is it so hard just to write a simple letter? I keep writing and tearing it, over and over again," he sang, a little softer.

Jinyoung sang again. "You may not feel the same way as I do. I may never see you again, that’s what I’m afraid of."

It was Yugyeom again. "Don’t have the courage to tell you. With this song let me
open my heart to you."

"I love you, baby I, I love you, for a very long time!" I heard just as JB popped in front of me. I smiled at his silly actions as Youngjae popped in beside him.

"I love you, baby I, I love you, I do!" Youngjae sang, smiling at me.

"All day long I wait for your reply," I heard from somwhere else in the gym. The voice was familiar, but I couldn't place it. Too many thigs ran through my head for me to think about it too much. "I keep writing and erasing to make sure there’s no mistake in my words, I accidently say things that I don’t mean. The dramatic lines that I practiced in front of the mirror are all forgotten when I stand in front of you, flustering me. My hands hesitate in front of yours. My heartbeat sound getting louder, you might hear it, yeah."

"You may not feel the same way as I do. I may never see you again, that’s what I’m afraid of," Jinyoung sang again, squeezing me a little.

"Don’t have the courage to tell you. With this song let me open my heart to you," Yugyeom belted.

I smiled again as JB and Youngjae popped in front of me. "I love you, baby I, I love you, for a very long time!" JB nearly shouted.

"I love you," Youngjae sang amazingly, "baby I, I love you, I do!"

Suddenly, the boys let go of me, allowing Mark to offer me his hand. I took it, confused, and he continued to walk me as he sang.

"My heart beats like a DRUM. My arms just wait for the day to hug you tight. My calendar just waits for the day marked red. My confession just waits for my courage. Though I am still a timid fool, I hope this song I wrote for countless nights deliver my sincerity. Take one side of the earphone in your hand. Shall we?"

Mark let me go as I reached the last tree.

"Bambam?" I asked softly once I got there. It all made sense; Of course it would be Bambam. The others were in the band with him. That also explained the familiar voice earlier.

He nodded, rubbing the back of his neck. The little red Santa hat perched on his head made me smile.

"Um, if you haven't guessed it yet, this is a confession song," he said to me. I chewed my lip as he spoke. "This is my way of telling you that I love you." He shyly looked up and met my eyes. "Will you accept me?"

I looked around, taking note of how much effort he put into this. Slowly, my smile grew.

When I met his eyes again, I also stepped closer and grabbed his hands. Lightly, I pressed my lips onto his, feeling the relieved sigh he let out as the others freaked out.

Bambam hugged me close, breaking the kiss to pull me into his chest as the boys sang around us.

"I love you, baby I, I love you, for a very long time!"

"I love you, baby I, I love you, I do!"