Chapter 23

It was the fifth time that night Newt had woken up to the cries of his newborn daughter. "Alright, alright i'm coming, daddy's here." he mumbled sleepily, trudging into the nursery yawning.

Emily quieted down when she caught sight of her father's tired face peering into the crib. Newt smiled picking her up in his arms and carrying her to the chair where he sat cuddling her. "You're going to eventually have to let your mummy and I sleep you know," he said chuckling as she wrapped her tiny hand around his pinky. Emily gurgled in reply as Newt pressed a soft kiss to her forehead.

"You know Emily," he spoke, "it's not a perfect world out there, and I wish Tina and I could protect you from all the darkness and war but we cannot." Newt stroked his daughter's head lovingly. "There has been a number of reported Grindelwald sightings around here, more muggles are getting killed and the ministry is trying to get your mother to come back to work early." he said sadly looking at his daughter's big brown eyes.

Emily cooed and pressed her hands to his cheeks which made her father laugh in amusement, he kissed her hands which made her laugh too. Newt smiled, "You're right Emily, maybe we need some more happiness in the world." he said looking out to the window where the night sky shone bright.

Tina woke that night to see Newt not beside her, she could hear his soft voice in Emily's room. She crawled out of bed and walked over to see Newt and Emily cuddling on the chair, Newt was telling her a story.

"-and so when I was trying to reach for my wand to obliviate Jacob, he hit me in the head with his case! Well, actually no it was my case, and he took off running with my case in his hands. Only I didn't realize it was the wrong case until it was too late."

Tina smiled softly and leant against the door to listen to the story she knew very well.

"-then when I gathered my belongings I ran into this strange women with mustard on her lip." Newt said slightly laughing, "She shoved me into a corner and demanded to know why I had set that creature in the bank. So I told her that it was completely an accident and tried to tell her that their was a food condiment on her face but she had me arrested anyways."

Emily giggled and Newt smiled, "I know, she was a pretty peculiar person." he told her, Tina popped out from behind the door arms crossed and a playful smile on her lips,

"Is that anyway to talk about your wife Mr. Scamander?" she said teasingly, Emily pointed a hand at Tina and giggled. Newt smiled sheepishly, "Oh, hello dear, didn't see you there." he said, Tina laughed and walked over to them, she kissed both of their heads then settled on the ground next to the chair and cuddled next to her husband and daughter ready to hear the rest of the story.

Newt was busy working in his case when he heard the giggling laughter of his daughter, he turned to see his wife standing near holding Emily introducing her to the Graphorns who were tickling her face with their tentacles. Newt smiled watching them, he and Tina had brought her down this morning to get acquainted with his creatures. So far Emily had seen the Niffler, the Bowtruckles, the Mooncalves, Dougal, and the Graphorns. There were still lot's more creatures in the case, but they had decided that it was best for Emily to meet with the least terrifying and see the dangerous beasts when she was more grown up.

(Of course at first Newt had wanted her to meet everyone, including the Nundo. Tina had put a stop to that trip immediately)

It made Newt's heart glow to see his daughter find happiness in the things he loved most, most witches and wizards were convinced that magical beasts were dangerous and were raised on the fact that they should be locked away or hunted to extinction. Newt was glad that he had a chance to show his young daughter that these creatures were harmless and would not be raised to think that they should be killed.

"Helloooo!" Came a sing song voice from the shed, Newt and Tina turned to see Hazel and Queenie popping out of the door smiling and waving. Emily cooed happily when she saw Hazel, she loved her Grandmother.

"Hello mother, Queenie, what are you doing here?" Newt asked smiling as he and Tina climbed up to meet them. Hazel laughed, "What? Can't a Grandmother see her granddaughter every once in awhile?" she said tickling Emily and smiling as she giggled in response. Queenie laughed, "Oh Teenie, I hope you don't mind, but I made some dresses for Emily to try on!" she said waving the bag in her hand, Tina huffed, "Nothing Pink I hope." she said as the two sisters walked back into the shed and up the stairs. Newt could hear Queenie protesting up the stairs,

"But Teenie she'll look so nice in pink!"

"No!"

Newt chuckled as he turned to face his mother, "Would you like to see the Mooncalfs mother?" he asked walking down the hill, Hazel nodded and followed him down to the habitat.

"No, end of discussion!" Tina said sternly to her sister as Queenie presented her daughter wearing a pink frilly dress with flowers and sparkles. Queenie bit her lip, "Oh but Teenie look how adorable she looks!" she gushed, Tina crossed her arms and shook her head. "Honestly Queenie wait till you have a girl of your own!" Tina said taking her baby.

At her words Queenie suddenly flinched and put her hand on her stomach, then slowly pulled them away, Tina's eyes grew wide.

"Queenie! Are you-?" Tina stuttered, Queenie nodded. "Oh Mercy Lewis Queenie congratulations!" she said giving her sister a one armed hug. Queenie sniffed back a thank you smiling as they pulled apart. "Have you told Jacob yet?" Tina asked sitting down on the couch with Emily on her lap. Queenie sat down beside her nervous, "Actually no, I just found out last week," she replied sheepishly.

A sudden noise from the suitcase snapped the sisters out of their thoughts as out popped Newt and Hazel covered head to toe in mud.

Emily giggled happily at the sight as Tina and Queenie's mouths dropped open. "Hello ladies." Newt said flashing a smile, Hazel spat some mud out of her mouth. Tina got up from the couch, "Mercy Lewis we leave you two alone for a minute!" she exclaimed bewildered but also trying to suppress a laugh. "It's not my fault!" Newt protested, "Mother tripped, fell on top of me and we both fell into the mud pit." he said,

Hazel huffed and put her hands on her hips. "Which I wouldn't have done if you didn't leave the bucket of Mooncalf feed by my feet Newton Artemis Fido-"

Tina and Queenie exchanged a glance over their bickering and helped them wash the mud off their clothes.

Helloooooo! New chapter dear readers! <3 : ) hope you like it I had such fun writing it! <3 

Newt and Tina would make such wonderful parents! <3 *sigggghhhh*

Everyone needs a Hazel in their lives : )

My sister just walked in with food gotta run! : D *drool*

Ta Ta! *waves*

-Newtinalover